11-05-2004, 06:23 PM
Stephen Dame Wrote:I've had everything from political arguments, engaging conversations, new friendships created, old friends re-acquainted and some really funny exchanges on this forum.
I don't consider anyone an "asshole," nor have I seen any specific "cliques" excluding folks from discussions... I would hope newbies don't feel they have to "earn" there way into the forum.
The common interest should be enough to make everybody feel welcome, and if sometimes things get heated, it's only because passion occasionally trumps reason.
I think Lance and the Mod's have done a wondeful job of creating a welcoming atmosphere for newbies and us crazy, Hip-is-our-crack fans.
I couldn't agree more. I also agree with Chris and Neil about the Ignore function, it just seems ignorant to use it. Nothing wrong with disagreements, and nothing is gained or learned from sticking your head in the sand. I think being ignored, or not replied to speaks more to the person that's doing it than the ignoreee. (is that a word ?) Some speak out of passion, some out of jest, and often people are misinterpreted as PurposelessPlay mentioned. In the end none of us are infallible, we are not perfect and I don't think anyone deserves the "Asshole" tag. Kind of a redundant post, but that's my 2 cents..
Mark

