Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

Bush vs Kerry, play by play
#55

Yes, analysts concluded if the statewide recount had been done, as Democrats wanted but the Republicans in Florida managed to prevent, Gore would have won by AT LEAST several thousand votes, not 537 in favour of Bush.

Skippy, I can just picture Bush trying to tie a noose...calling up Cheney and asking "Does the rabbit come up out of the hole or go back down into it after he runs around the tree?" :lol:

I imagine once the frustration wears off, there will be an eternal sadness that pervades. Bush will never be forced to answer for anything ever again, having a massive majority in the Senate and House. I hate to wish harm to Americans, because many of my friends are Americans, but I hope the 51% who voted for him have to pay for it...in this life or in the next.

I am happier than ever with Canada's electoral system. The 54 million Americans who voted for Kerry wasted their vote. It counts for nothing. 1 person could have voted for Kerry and 100 million could have voted for Bush and it wouldn't have made a difference. In our system those 54 million votes - for the parties, not the people - would have been well represented in Parliament.
Reply


Messages In This Thread

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)