11-03-2004, 06:03 AM
What I don't get, to echo a different point of DH's, is why OHIO, specifically, would give Bush the win. I don't get it. Ohio is a working-class, perfectly middle-class midwestern state with a heavily industrial influence. Why would these people, who stand to gain the least from Bush's tax cuts at the mind-boggling expense of the nation, and who have seen so many lost jobs over the past four years, vote for Bush??? What is going through their minds?? To put it differently, after everything that's happened, just what WOULD it take for them to vote Bush out?
As for me, I'm already gearing up to bash the United States government and the 50% of fools who support it for another four years. Bush won this one. Let's not kid ourselves. A 140,000 vote lead in Ohio? That's not going anywhere anytime soon. I'm also prepared to spend another four years grinding my teeth every time Rumsfeld, Ridge, Asscroft or Condoleezza Rice open their mouths. I may just have to stop watching TV in order to ensure I don't accidentally get a peek at Rumsfeld's cringing sneer, Rice's rabid rat look, or Asscroft's Droopy the Dwarf impression. Lies, lies and more lies add up to a convincing win for these clowns. Go figure.
As for me, I'm already gearing up to bash the United States government and the 50% of fools who support it for another four years. Bush won this one. Let's not kid ourselves. A 140,000 vote lead in Ohio? That's not going anywhere anytime soon. I'm also prepared to spend another four years grinding my teeth every time Rumsfeld, Ridge, Asscroft or Condoleezza Rice open their mouths. I may just have to stop watching TV in order to ensure I don't accidentally get a peek at Rumsfeld's cringing sneer, Rice's rabid rat look, or Asscroft's Droopy the Dwarf impression. Lies, lies and more lies add up to a convincing win for these clowns. Go figure.

