08-31-2004, 11:08 PM
Summiteer Wrote:CanuckCourage Wrote:A question to Merle, what is offensive with the term Native ? Does it not imply that one is native to the continent ? That's how i've always taken it, aboriginal and native are alike, Indian I can understand because of the mistake of early explorers and the exploitation and derrogatory slant that has been applied to it over time. I ask you Merle because I respect your opinion and viewpoint .
In all honesty sometimes I do jump the gun when I read comments about what people like to deem me, and this time I did, Native isn't that bad, just when we were going to school people would use it in derogatory terms,dam natives etc. so i guess it's just touchy for me somedays, and it don't help that I'm in a pissy mood today :? but that canada victory does lightn the load :thumb: I Apologize to you Neil if I came off prickish.....
Hey no problem, really wasn't sure if Native was derrogatory (never thought it to be), I can see how it can be construed as such, given a persons experience in life. Thanks for clearing that up Merle, and a great victory that was for Canada, good to see Mario getting all intense , and I love how tough Robyn Regher plays , the first penalty against him was bunk in my opinion. Bring on the Slovaks !!

