Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

Meeting Gord....
#3

Wait, wait, and wait even more. Wait at the venue's artist entrance/exit. Wait at the tour bus. If you're able to, see what they drive up in before the show, then you know what vehicle to look for after the show (worked for me in Victoria).

For Gord solo in Calgary, 2001, we waited almost 3 hours, but he did come out and was very gracious with all of the approximately 20 fans left. With the Hip, I've followed the same plan and have met them all twice.

For Gord solo this time around, just watch Gord's bodyguard Ricky Wellington (tall afro-canadian guy). If Gord is leaving the venue for the night, Ricky is going with him.

The following sounds a bit secretive, but don't tell alot of people what you are doing. When I've done that, word spreads within five minutes what I'm doing, then people latch on and wait. My best luck has come when I've hung out "in the back" of the crowd, patiently waiting. To all the fans leaving the venue, you don't look like you're waiting for Gord.

Have your CMG book and a brand new 'Sharpie' ready to go, this will make the whole thing easier for Gord. I've seen people freeze because they didn't bring a Sharpie, then incessantly search for one, or even borrow yours. I've also seen people ask him for a picture and not have a camera, then they search for someone to take a pic while at the same time wasting Gord's time and cutting other fans' "Gord-time".

You should be able to do it easy this time around. Gord will do everything you mentioned; autograph, picture, & some small talk, just be patient.

Know what you're going to say to him, but don't ramble. He really does try and converse with the fans, instead of just nodding his head saying "yup yup yup, ok next one...."
Reply


Messages In This Thread

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)