07-04-2003, 01:04 PM
Was also at the show. Thursday At The Square is always packed, and Ryan is right, it's an odd set-up. However, years back when the venue started out, you maybe got a couple thousand people there max, which meant it wasn't much of an odd set-up.
Here is a link for one of the pictures I took from last night. Many more to eventually come, when I get more time (and finish nursing the hangover, haha):
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.geocities.com/gorddowniefan/bufshow01.jpg">http://www.geocities.com/gorddowniefan/bufshow01.jpg</a><!-- m -->
Beware, it's a large file. I haven't scaled it down yet.
In any event, The Buffalo News reports there were between 20,000 and 50,000 people there last night. I think the latter is a big exaggerated, but it was packed. It was dead early on, and I thought we were all in for a treat with the low turn out. But, around 6:30, everyone showed up!!
Honestly, this is the second time I've seen Gord solo, and even though the songs and the band was on, the sound was crappy! Granted, it's a free show, and I think one of the speakers (to the left of the stage) was crackling a bit. However, Gord was great. He messed up the lyrics on a few songs, including Pascal's Submarine (left out almost an entire verse)...but it was great.
He came out in a Sabres #11 Perrault jersey for a couple songs, which was sweet! He shed that quickly, because it was HOT! He was in playful spirits, wishing people he knew a happy birthday, and wishing everyone a Happy 4th of July!
I took some pictures from the left of the stage where we were at, and I'll be posting a link for them within a couple days.
I wasn't impressed with the openers, though. I didn't think Hawksley was anything to write home about, but that's just my opinion. I wasn't fond of his style of music. Again, that's just me.
Kari
Here is a link for one of the pictures I took from last night. Many more to eventually come, when I get more time (and finish nursing the hangover, haha):
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.geocities.com/gorddowniefan/bufshow01.jpg">http://www.geocities.com/gorddowniefan/bufshow01.jpg</a><!-- m -->
Beware, it's a large file. I haven't scaled it down yet.
In any event, The Buffalo News reports there were between 20,000 and 50,000 people there last night. I think the latter is a big exaggerated, but it was packed. It was dead early on, and I thought we were all in for a treat with the low turn out. But, around 6:30, everyone showed up!!
Honestly, this is the second time I've seen Gord solo, and even though the songs and the band was on, the sound was crappy! Granted, it's a free show, and I think one of the speakers (to the left of the stage) was crackling a bit. However, Gord was great. He messed up the lyrics on a few songs, including Pascal's Submarine (left out almost an entire verse)...but it was great.
He came out in a Sabres #11 Perrault jersey for a couple songs, which was sweet! He shed that quickly, because it was HOT! He was in playful spirits, wishing people he knew a happy birthday, and wishing everyone a Happy 4th of July!
I took some pictures from the left of the stage where we were at, and I'll be posting a link for them within a couple days.
I wasn't impressed with the openers, though. I didn't think Hawksley was anything to write home about, but that's just my opinion. I wasn't fond of his style of music. Again, that's just me.
Kari

