Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

Mark McGwire and Steroids
#31

So because you knew two people who have killed themselves, you're an authority on suicide?
Reply
#32

you're weak, so just can it shitforbrains
Reply
#33

The Darkest Canuck Wrote:you're weak, so just can it shitforbrains

such a strong witty counter-arguement :roll: :roll:
Reply
#34

it wasn't meant to be witty, i was using the direct approach, it's much easier and often more concise.
Reply
#35

Why dont you just off yourself already.
Reply
#36

skippy the wonder dog Wrote:So because you knew two people who have killed themselves, you're an authority on suicide?

Not so much of an authority but I feel that I probably have a better grasp on it than you might. I've never been a fan of the "mental illness" defense. It seems like such a cop-out to me.
Reply
#37

I don't claim to be an expert on suicide just because I've known a couple of people who have offed themselves (which, incidentally, I have). Nope, I tend to pay attention to people who actually are authorities on the subject, like these guys: http://www.psych.org/.

I think they might have a better grasp on the subject than you might, despite your extensive experience and careful study.

Incidentally, googling "suicidality depression" returned lots of hits, but "suicidality weak-minded pussyhood" returned not one. You should publish your findings. Clearly, you're breaking new ground.

Good luck with your future research.
Reply
#38

skippy the wonder dog Wrote:I don't claim to be an expert on suicide just because I've known a couple of people who have offed themselves (which, incidentally, I have). Nope, I tend to pay attention to people who actually are authorities on the subject, like these guys: http://www.psych.org/.

I think they might have a better grasp on the subject than you might, despite your extensive experience and careful study.

Incidentally, googling "suicidality depression" returned lots of hits, but "suicidality weak-minded pussyhood" returned not one. You should publish your findings. Clearly, you're breaking new ground.

Good luck with your future research.

thank you , do I have your support for any financial backing I may need?
Dont believe everything you read.
Reply
#39

skippy the wonder dog Wrote:I think they might have a better grasp on the subject than you might, despite your extensive experience and careful study.

Incidentally, googling "suicidality depression" returned lots of hits, but "suicidality weak-minded pussyhood" returned not one. You should publish your findings. Clearly, you're breaking new ground.

Good luck with your future research.

Damn! I think that's the best smack-down I've ever read here. SPANK! :lol: :thumb:
Reply
#40

cferneyh Wrote:
skippy the wonder dog Wrote:I think they might have a better grasp on the subject than you might, despite your extensive experience and careful study.

Incidentally, googling "suicidality depression" returned lots of hits, but "suicidality weak-minded pussyhood" returned not one. You should publish your findings. Clearly, you're breaking new ground.

Good luck with your future research.

Damn! I think that's the best smack-down I've ever read here. SPANK! :lol: :thumb:

really ? I've seen better here before.
Reply
#41

give it up fool, you got served, now hit the road jack, and don't be comin' back for no more no more no more.
Reply
#42

The Darkest Canuck Wrote:give it up fool, you got served, now hit the road jack, and don't be comin' back for no more no more no more.

"You got served" is actually kind of funny.
Reply
#43

Wow, this thread went down hill. I hate it when people start name calling and being dicks to each other, it ruins the thread.

Darkest Canuck- In the end, you're right, mental illness is nothing to take lightly etc, but lighten up. I don't think anyone here is disputing that. TragicallyMike's origional statement was just his opinion on the subject, and at the time he wrote it he was refering to people who off themselves trying to blame other things. Not everyone who kills themselves does it out of severe mental illness alone. Copping out is a factor in a lot of them. There is a spectrum of reasons. The boards are full of guys who take every single word so literally, and leave no room for personal interpretation. It often starts fights, and sometimes ruins threads. Don't pick fights.
Reply
#44

i'll say what i want to say and you can do the same.
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)