Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

Greatest TV Shows Ever, & Greatest Single Episodes
#31

emperor penguin Wrote:Esthete I also really like Hell's Kitchen, but I like his other show Ramsay's Kitchen Nightmares better.

I've only seen one episode of that show, but I did like it better than HK :thumb:
Reply
#32

I had completely forgotten about NewsRadio.

What a great show! Well, it was fantastic until Phil Hartman was murdered. The show really should have ended after that season. Bringing Jon Lovitz in did not work at all.

Jeff

June 21, 2003 Toronto, ON: SkyDome
July 1, 2004 Toronto, ON: Molson Amphitheatre
November 26, 2004 Toronto, ON: Air Canada Centre
June 24, 2006 Toronto, ON: Historic Fort York
May 10, 2007 Indianapolis, IN: The Vogue
July 14, 2011 Edmonton, AB: Northlands Festival Site
June 30, 2012 Niagara-on-the-Lake, ON: The Commons at Butler's Barracks
January 23, 2013 Edmonton, AB: Rexall Place
July 28, 2016 Edmonton, AB: Rexall Place
Reply
#33

fingernailsonhull Wrote:I had completely forgotten about NewsRadio.

What a great show! Well, it was fantastic until Phil Hartman was murdered. The show really should have ended after that season. Bringing Jon Lovitz in did not work at all.

I have the first 4 seasons on DVD, but just can't bring myself around to buy the 5th (even though I really want to see the 1st episode after Phil/Bill dies again)
Reply
#34

farmerdan69 Wrote:I have the first 4 seasons on DVD, but just can't bring myself around to buy the 5th (even though I really want to see the 1st episode after Phil/Bill dies again)

Yeah I know what you mean, I'm in the same situation. There are parts of Season 5 Episode 1 on YouTube, but it's not in its entirety.

Speaking of death and comedy, Dermot Morgan (who played Father Ted) died 24 hours after shooting the absolute final episode. In the final episode he was to commit suicide by jumping off a building with another priest. Instead, they had to re-edit the final episode before it aired in the style of a nice homage to the characters.
Reply
#35

How about Millennium? I absolutely loved the first two seasons of that show. Lance Henrikson is a pretty talented actor and really had the chance to shine. Granted, the show took the inevitable Chris Carter series turn and became somewhat contrived, silly and catered to :ahem: geeks.

:oops:

Any thoughts?

-Jenna
Reply
#36

How I Met Your Mother, Scrubs, 30 Rock and The Office are our current favourite comedies.

The earlier season of CSI are still addictive.

Cheers and Seinfeld are shows I can watch at any time.

Stephen King's "Golden Years" was really good, right up there with Twin Peaks.
Reply
#37

Tthip Wrote:
lilbones Wrote:Veronica Mars sits atop my personal list,
Not to hijack the thread - but did you see that Kristen Bell is lined up to be a regular on Lost this season?
Veronica Mars was a great show.
Sorry - I was a little premature - looks like Kristen Bell turned down Lost to head to Broadway.

Now - back to your regularly scheduled thread.

"We're forced to bed, but we're free to dream"
Dana
Reply
#38

Good for her. Now I don't have to watch Lost.
Reply
#39

Jenna_Bird Wrote:How about Millennium? I absolutely loved the first two seasons of that show. Lance Henrikson is a pretty talented actor and really had the chance to shine. Granted, the show took the inevitable Chris Carter series turn and became somewhat contrived, silly and catered to :ahem: geeks.

:oops:

Any thoughts?

-Jenna

Agreed. The first two seasons of that show were amazing, not to mention incredibly creepy. By the third season, the conspiracy storyline took over and ruined an otherwise promising show. What I really enjoyed were the stand-alone episodes that just dealt with Frank hunting serial killers. It was riveting stuff. However, I did get a kick out of the crossover episode they did with The X-Files where Mulder and Scully enlist the help of Frank on a case involving former members of the Millennium group. It was cool seeing those three characters work together.

Scully: "You know Mulder, the actual turn of the millennium starts in 2001, not 2000."

Mulder: "Nobody likes a math geek, Scully."
Reply
#40

The greatest show ever created is clearly 'Spaced'.

It was an insanely brilliant sitcom written by the team that later brought us 'Shaun of the Dead' and 'Hot Fuzz'. But 'Spaced' remains their best work.
Reply
#41

Soupy Wrote:The greatest show ever created is clearly 'Spaced'.

It was an insanely brilliant sitcom written by the team that later brought us 'Shaun of the Dead' and 'Hot Fuzz'. But 'Spaced' remains their best work.


Good point. "Spaced" is hilarious and set the tone for the rest of his work. Slackers everywhere will instantly recognize these characters. It never aired over here but North Americans can watch the entire two seasons on Youtube.
Reply
#42

as was said on the first page...The West Wing.

Nothing will ever top that. Rapid-fire dialogue, intelligent humour, amazing drama, arching plot lines, ground-breaking camera work, and one of the most brilliant casts ever assembled.

buy the dvd set...you won't be disappointed.
Reply
#43

As far as episodes go......SNL has 2 of the best ever:

Chris Walken and the Cowbell.

and....

the Rock....as Monkey Boy with Chris Kattan.
Reply
#44

The Office is my new sit-down-watch-every-week-show. Scrubs used to be that way but it's just far less funny than it used to be. It feels like they have run out of original ideas and the show is largely contrived now. It's really too bad.

Seinfeld, Arrested Development, and, as Chris Chris said, the earlier seasons of CSI, I can watch anytime. Spike is going through the first few seasons right now and it's pretty awesome.

Jeff

June 21, 2003 Toronto, ON: SkyDome
July 1, 2004 Toronto, ON: Molson Amphitheatre
November 26, 2004 Toronto, ON: Air Canada Centre
June 24, 2006 Toronto, ON: Historic Fort York
May 10, 2007 Indianapolis, IN: The Vogue
July 14, 2011 Edmonton, AB: Northlands Festival Site
June 30, 2012 Niagara-on-the-Lake, ON: The Commons at Butler's Barracks
January 23, 2013 Edmonton, AB: Rexall Place
July 28, 2016 Edmonton, AB: Rexall Place
Reply
#45

The Simpsons ('Golden Years' only, as previously stated)
Seinfeld
Arrested Development (First two years. Year three wasn't nearly as funny, and the final episode had to unfortunately be thrown together at the last minute.)
Family Guy

Honourable Mention: Cabbie on the Street (just kidding, but Cabbie's one funny dude.)
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)