Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

1st Annual Hipbase College Bowl Mania Pool
#31

The result of tonight's Sugar Bowl will greatly affect the landscape of our little contest. Kershaw will surge into 1st with a ND win, and Kroeker will be hot on his heels. LSU is an 8-point favorite.

Player--Current Score--Sugar Pick [Confidence]

Esthete------314--LSU [28]
Kershaw-----299--ND [29]
Seabourn---283--ND [1]
Grimes------278--LSU [28]
Kroeker-----274--ND [29]
Schneider---261--LSU [31]
Kirkpatrick--214--LSU [29]
Reply
#32

Rank...Player--Current Score

1...Esthete------360
2...Grimes-------307
3...Schneider---302
4...Kershaw-----299
5...Seabourn---283
6...Kroeker-----281
7...Kirkpatrick--243
Reply
#33

I was at the International Bowl today, pretty good game I guess.

After looking pretty one-sided, Western Michigan fought back to tie it, only to lose by a field goal
Reply
#34

Conceding victory to Esthete...dang. Even after the Buckeyes win tonight, you've already got it locked up. Losing sucks, but at least it comes at the hands of a fellow Buckeye fan. Enjoy the game tonight everyone! Ohio State 38 Florida 17
Reply
#35

What's the buzz like in Columbus today? I'd imagine it's something akin to national holiday up there.

GO BUCKS!!!!!
Reply
#36

The Horrible Esthete Wrote:What's the buzz like in Columbus today? I'd imagine it's something akin to national holiday up there.

GO BUCKS!!!!!

Everyone is pretty excited up here, but I would say that the buzz is quite bit less than Michigan week was. It's always a lot different when the game is away from home. If I were to summarize the feeling around here in one word though, I'd probably use 'confident'.

Not sure if I ever mentioned this, but I work at OSU and my office is in Lincoln Tower - my window points right at the Shoe (the back of South Stands). As far as views go, I would say it's right up there with the best you could hope for.
Reply
#37

And that's the Bowl Season! Florida gators defeat the much beloved Ohio State Buckeyes to win the BCS Championship 41-14.
And now for the final results in the Inaugural Hipbase College Bowl Mania Challenge:

Gold - Esthete. Record 21-11 Total Points 382
Silver - Kershaw. Record 21-11 Total Points 331
Bronze - Kroeker. Record 19-13 Total Points 322

---------------------------------------------------------
4th Schneider Record 20-12 Total Points 308
5th Grimes Record 18-14 Total Points 307
6th Seabourn Record 18-14 Total Points 283
7th chris chris Record 15-17 Total Points 243

A big thank you to everyone who participated this year, and hopefully you will play again next year!
Reply
#38

Man if only I hadn't gone 1-5 on New Year's Day...

Congrats on the big win here Esthete, but my condolences on the championship game. Now you know I felt after OSU killed ND in the Fiesta Bowl last year (Yeah Yeah I know, and after the Michigan game in September. And the USC game in November. And the Sugar Bowl last week). Great game by Troy Smith though, he must have gotten some tips on how to prepare for a big game from Brady Quinn :lol:
Reply
#39

grimes Wrote:Congrats on the big win here Esthete, but my condolences on the championship game.

Thanks..and thanks.....

grimes Wrote:Now you know I felt after OSU killed ND in the Fiesta Bowl last year (Yeah Yeah I know, and after the Michigan game in September. And the USC game in November. And the Sugar Bowl last week).

At least those routs weren't leveled on ND despite being a 7.5 pt. favorite, and weren't for a national title.

This is the most nauseating, disenfranchising, embarrassing & humbling loss I've experienced as a lifelong sports fan -- college or pro.
Reply
#40

Ohio State got owned! It was really surprising, certainly not the game I was expecting. Florida had really impressive speed on the defensive side of the ball. I wasn't cheering for either team, but it is always nice to see a big upset (at least in the eye of the media)
Reply
#41

The overall winners of the College Football Bowl Mania Challenge are:
RK LEADER RECORD SCORE
1 Chris Sobol 29-3. 512
2 Ron Weaver 28-4. 492

Chris Sobol wins the 1st Place Prize (ARV: $1,500)
The 1st Place Prize winner will receive a flatscreen television and a KFC tailgating kit set to handle 22 people!
22 KFC Coolers (ARV $30)
22 KFC Koozies (ARV $30)
22 KFC Ear Warmers (ARV $140)
$200 of KFC Chicken Checks

Ron Weaver wins the Runner-up Prize (ARV: $499)
The Runner-Up Prize winner will receive an ESPN brand Air Hockey table!

I guess that is something to shoot for next year! It looks like a nearly perfect record is needed, along with the strategic allotment of confidence points.
Reply
#42

Farmer Dan, Chris, Grimes, thedaver39, did you guys not have fun last year? I'm sure you guys can find a little down time at work to submit your picks...
Reply
#43

I will definitely be getting in on this year's for sure, not to worry!
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)