Posts: 1,172
Threads: 49
Joined: Jul 2004
Reputation:
0
OK, so I'm intrigued about the new PlayStation Portable unit that is out, but I have a few questions/reservations. I'm on the road a fair bit, and would love to be able to play some games and watch some DVD's while I'm in all of the hotels (pay per porn starts to really add up)
My questions are:
1. Are these games and movies burnable or do I have to pay for each one?
2. Will they play MP3's... again something that I will burn
3. Can you even buy the little mini disks that all of the games and movies come out on?
3. Do you think it is worth it at all?
Your advice is greatly appreciated.
Goulet!!!
Posts: 5,352
Threads: 277
Joined: Jun 2004
Reputation:
0
Is it worth it? I say no, not for $300+dollars it aint. Especially when you have to shell out over $100 bucks for a 1GB memory stick just to be able to store music files and whatnot. (better off with an iPod) Its a cool system for gaming, but I would wait on it anyway, people are already complaining about the control stick among other things, so don't be surprised if they come out with a re-designed model in the next year. I personally would save my money for Playstation3 its gonna be the best, or an Xbox2.
Here's the official site: <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.us.playstation.com/psp.aspx">http://www.us.playstation.com/psp.aspx</a><!-- m -->
and
IGN gave some good insights, read this first!! <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://psp.ign.com/">http://psp.ign.com/</a><!-- m -->
Imagine a world before the "beginning was the word.”
Posts: 3,220
Threads: 297
Joined: Mar 2004
Reputation:
0
All I know is watch out for those ghosts. One second you're chasing them, and then the music changes, and they're chasing you! It's a harrowing experience...
But despite no Pacman (or even Ms. Pacman fer goodness sake) support, the thing looks damned impressive in the ads... but I still pine for the days of the Turbo Graphix 16.
Posts: 8,614
Threads: 451
Joined: Sep 2002
Reputation:
0
I get the feeling that gratts is a gamer.
Thanks for the info as I was also wondering/hmming and hawing about a new toy.
hehehe
I saw this and thought you wanted help with Paint Shop Pro lol