Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

White Water Rafting
#16

I've gone to WT 4 times and it's a blast, it's rafting/camping/clubbing all in a weekend. the 6 man boats are a blast and you'll be in the water for sure, try and encourage your guide to go the extra step and show you some tricks they can do with the rafts in the water. if you do the six man raft on one of the rapids they'll ask you if you want to go mild or wild..wild all the way.

the water's cold so whatever you do DON"T wear cotton it'll stick to your body and make you freeze all day.

by the pictures they take of you rafting, they're a bit expensive but a great shot and people always ask me about when they see it.

they've got a little dance club/bar that people basically go to hook up. a camp fire where a guys plays acoustic, and a lot of socializing.

have a good time.

Darnell
Reply
#17

Thanks Darnell, just dug somthing out that isnt cotton. Hopefully Polyester will keep me dry and warm. Would have been a cold weekend, I can't imaine the water way up there to be too warm, considering Lake Huron causes major shrinkage right now as it is!

Glad to here there is a club there, my sleeping bag is too big for just one person! Big Grin

I'll fill you all in when I get back from the trip!

Lee
Reply
#18

Thought I'd try and evade the search police and dig up an old thread if there was one instead of just starting a new one.

Anyway, I just came back from a weekend of whitewater rafting with Wilderness Tours, and yeah I had an amazing time for sure! Weather was perfect for it, hot sunny days, cold refreshing water, a few beers with friends, it was awesome! We hit some big rapids hard, man, and even did a little bodysurfing too... that was intense!

I had wanted to go for a long time, and was so glad I finally went, what a rush it was!
Reply
#19

I've done it a couple of times and it's awesome. If you guys like the Ottawa River, give one of the glacial rivers a try next time you're out west. Just be prepared to freeze your ass off.

Here's a picture of me (somewhere in there) being pummeled by the Kicking Horse River last summer:
[Image: 392588382_96c38c9f49.jpg]
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)