02-17-2005, 07:15 PM
There used to be an indie band kicking around Kingston named "Haskell and the Cleavers". I don't know why, but I always thought that name was cool in an odd kind of way.
The Horrible Esthete Wrote:Stephen Dame Wrote:Quote:Further to a previous post, there's another band here in Ottawa called BigJeezusTruck...haven't seen em' but apparently they're pretty loud and asskickish....oh and I can't forget my cousin's band, The Bush Pilots.
I didn't know BigJezusTruck were from around here. When I was growing up in suburban Toronto, they had a pretty big following at my high school, ya know, among the kids in black and ripped apparel.
Aw dude, there's no way that's a coincidence...Big Jeezus Truck must've 'lifted' the name from Big Ass Truck, since these posers didn't form until 1996!! That ain't cool.
:rambo:
ATTN BEANMEDIC: I formally submit a request that you assess Slim Reaper and the boys of Big Jeezus Truck a minimum of 500 tool points for lack of originality and outright thievery.
robert goulet Wrote:Slim Reaper is a good man, a little eccentric but good nonetheless...and a Hip fan to boot...no tool points necessary.
Who knows, maybe he never heard of Big Ass Truck...I haven't.
cratch: theAryanTwang Wrote:The The
opiated Wrote:Stillwater!!What a great film; I watched the bootleg version of it last weekend.
unpluckedgem1 Wrote:How about The Men They Couldnt Hang?