Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

Toronto Cover
#1

Last night of the Canadian tour. What's the call for cover tune in Toronto.
I'm gonna say "Limelight".
Reply
#2

Down By The River
or
Cowgirl In The Sand

2004-12-03 - Saint John/2005-09-03 - Moncton/2006-06-30 - Charlottetown/2006-11-09/10 - Montreal/2007-09-11 - Fredericton/2007-09-13 - Halifax/2007-09-14 - Sydney/2007-09-15 - Charlottetown/2008-06-30 - Charlottetown/2009-05-01/02 - Montreal/2011-06-28 - Moncton/2011-06-30 - Charlottetown/2012-06-30 - Niagara-on-the-Lake/2013-02-01 - Moncton/2013-02-02 - Halifax/2015-01-10 - Toronto/2015-02-20 - Montreal/2015-07-17 - Ottawa/2016-08-18 - Ottawa/2016-08-20 - Kingston
Reply
#3

Acadian Driftwood
Reply
#4

Figured You Out
Reply
#5

Maybe something about Toronto?

The Old Appartment
Don Valley Jail
Bleed a Little White Tonight
Toronto Toros
Lakeside Park
Coldest Night Of the Year
Toronto Sucks
Bobcaygeon (wait a minute...)

Damn I wish I was there.

Cheers,

Pat
Reply
#6

Bleed A Little While Tonight would be insane, Under The Carlaw Bridge or Just About 'The Only' Blues....other great Toronto musings

hotmetal401 Wrote:Maybe something about Toronto?

The Old Appartment
Don Valley Jail
Bleed a Little White Tonight
Toronto Toros
Lakeside Park
Coldest Night Of the Year
Toronto Sucks
Bobcaygeon (wait a minute...)

Damn I wish I was there.

Cheers,

Pat
Reply
#7

Or..."Brand New Cadillac" by the Clash, which has nothing to do with Toronto but which would be so, so good for these guys. Gord-o could wrap his voice around this one like a glove.

Of course, nothing will ever top "Like a Rolling Stone".

Steve
Reply
#8

I am sticking with my initial guess of Limelight! I so hope I am right!....:jump

But if I had a wish list for others:

Rush
- Subdivisions
- Freewill
- Spirit Of The Radio

Stones
- Winter
- Rocks Off

Any Pink Floyd

Or how about just something unreleased:
- Just As Well
- Crack My Spine Like A Whip
Reply
#9

cochise Wrote:- Rocks Off

That's definitely one of the best Stones songs ever - I'd love to hear the Hip cover that (although, I don't know if it would sound right without the brass section).
Reply
#10

Zenith Wrote:
cochise Wrote:- Rocks Off

That's definitely one of the best Stones songs ever - I'd love to hear the Hip cover that (although, I don't know if it would sound right without the brass section).

It just hit me, I would kill for "Gimme Shelter". The Hip could potentially do an incredible job on that. Too bad Kathleen Edwards wasn't opening up to do the back up singing (not that she could do Lisa Fisher justice)
Reply
#11

my moneys on either limelight or a johnny cash tune. But id probly shit my pants at the sound of the opening chords to old apartment
Reply
#12

No other reason than just plain random guessing.....

What's so Funny About Peace Love and Understanding

Wish You were Here

Cinnamon Girl

Every Picture tells a Story


No way in the world they will pull off a Rush tune.. Confusedcratch:
Reply
#13

i think that they would potential do a johnny cash tune, i think gord has the voice for it.
Reply
#14

Sohi Wrote:i think that they would potential do a johnny cash tune, i think gord has the voice for it.
They've covered Johnny Cash in the past.
The Man Comes Around.
I think that's all they've done... but I'm not 100% sure.

2004-12-03 - Saint John/2005-09-03 - Moncton/2006-06-30 - Charlottetown/2006-11-09/10 - Montreal/2007-09-11 - Fredericton/2007-09-13 - Halifax/2007-09-14 - Sydney/2007-09-15 - Charlottetown/2008-06-30 - Charlottetown/2009-05-01/02 - Montreal/2011-06-28 - Moncton/2011-06-30 - Charlottetown/2012-06-30 - Niagara-on-the-Lake/2013-02-01 - Moncton/2013-02-02 - Halifax/2015-01-10 - Toronto/2015-02-20 - Montreal/2015-07-17 - Ottawa/2016-08-18 - Ottawa/2016-08-20 - Kingston
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)