Posts: 121
Threads: 12
Joined: Oct 2006
Reputation:
0
Does Downie have the best/most moves in Rock History? I think yes. Even more than Jagger!
What are some of your favorites?
For me Downie is at his best with the Mic Stand. Nothing better when he loses it on the stand and SNAP!!! Gordie -1 Stand -0
Posts: 2,571
Threads: 145
Joined: May 2003
Reputation:
0
Jim Morrison
I will not give up. My face is set,my gait is fast,my goal is heaven,my road is narrow,my way is rough,my companions are few,my guide is reliable,my mission is clear. I cannot be bought,compromised,detoured,lured away,turned back,diluted or delayed. I will not flinch in the face of sacrifice,hesitate in the presence of adversity,negotiate at the table of the enemy,ponder at the pool of popularity,or meander in the maze of mediocrity. I will not give up,shut up or slow down....Blessed Be!
Posts: 7,289
Threads: 811
Joined: Apr 2005
Reputation:
0
I love the Roger Daltry mic throw in the air.
2004-12-03 - Saint John/2005-09-03 - Moncton/2006-06-30 - Charlottetown/2006-11-09/10 - Montreal/2007-09-11 - Fredericton/2007-09-13 - Halifax/2007-09-14 - Sydney/2007-09-15 - Charlottetown/2008-06-30 - Charlottetown/2009-05-01/02 - Montreal/2011-06-28 - Moncton/2011-06-30 - Charlottetown/2012-06-30 - Niagara-on-the-Lake/2013-02-01 - Moncton/2013-02-02 - Halifax/2015-01-10 - Toronto/2015-02-20 - Montreal/2015-07-17 - Ottawa/2016-08-18 - Ottawa/2016-08-20 - Kingston
Posts: 5,352
Threads: 277
Joined: Jun 2004
Reputation:
0
Downie is one of the best, but I also like Michael Stipe both very similar.
Imagine a world before the "beginning was the word.”
Posts: 7,289
Threads: 811
Joined: Apr 2005
Reputation:
0
Also, Early Springsteen.
2004-12-03 - Saint John/2005-09-03 - Moncton/2006-06-30 - Charlottetown/2006-11-09/10 - Montreal/2007-09-11 - Fredericton/2007-09-13 - Halifax/2007-09-14 - Sydney/2007-09-15 - Charlottetown/2008-06-30 - Charlottetown/2009-05-01/02 - Montreal/2011-06-28 - Moncton/2011-06-30 - Charlottetown/2012-06-30 - Niagara-on-the-Lake/2013-02-01 - Moncton/2013-02-02 - Halifax/2015-01-10 - Toronto/2015-02-20 - Montreal/2015-07-17 - Ottawa/2016-08-18 - Ottawa/2016-08-20 - Kingston
Posts: 2,211
Threads: 39
Joined: Apr 2004
Reputation:
0
Mr. James Marshall Hendrix.
Posts: 686
Threads: 52
Joined: Oct 2006
Reputation:
0
mr. mojo rising and downie of course
Posts: 653
Threads: 16
Joined: Jun 2005
Reputation:
0
I claim no sovereign knowledge on the matter, but of all the performers I've seen, Downie is the best. When he's in the moment, you're gripped, and he emotes and communicates with his motions as much as he does with his voice or any musician with a guitar or other instrument. He bring theatre into a rock concert, which is a perfect blend.
Posts: 282
Threads: 11
Joined: Feb 2006
Reputation:
0
Vedder? - very understated, but he still does alot to totally captivate the audience. Granted, alot of what ive seen him do is a direct Daltrey callback; but its pretty cool.
Downie is awesome as well, obviously
Posts: 2,092
Threads: 39
Joined: Dec 2004
Reputation:
0
Downie, goes without saying. Also Jack White was fun to watch when I saw the Stripes a few years ago. He slides around singing into multiple mics set up around the stage. It was pretty cool to see him play 3-4 instruments as well. The highlight was probably when they were doing Dead Leaves and the Dirty Ground and he was playing the piano and the guitar at the same time. White has alot of energy on stage.
Other rock moves worth noting are;
Pete Townhsend's windmill move
Jimmy Page's point to the audience
Angus Young's stage walk
Posts: 686
Threads: 52
Joined: Oct 2006
Reputation:
0
yeah angus young, i forgot about him. what about thom yorke's crazy dances he does for the more electronic soongs radiohead has? i had the pleasure to see themlive and man does he lose his mind.
Posts: 363
Threads: 12
Joined: Jun 2003
Reputation:
0
Jon Spencer...
BLUES EXPLOSION!!!!!!!!!
Downie's "flopping fish hooked on a line" move always gets a chuckle out of me.