Posts: 77
Threads: 3
Joined: Oct 2006
Reputation:
0
Can anyone tell me the specific's of Johnny's drums. I know he uses Ayotte (I assume custom) and paste, but are there any details anywhere? What about sticks?
Posts: 1,212
Threads: 16
Joined: Jan 2006
Reputation:
0
He uses Vic Firth sticks.
Posts: 61
Threads: 2
Joined: Oct 2006
Reputation:
0
Remo heads, coated.
I noticed that on the club tour he's cut his cymbals down, just a crash and a ride.
IMHO, he should switch (Back) to a four peice kit. Two rack toms is just ugly.
Posts: 591
Threads: 42
Joined: Jul 2002
Reputation:
0
Something that quickly caught my eye on the Chicago Rocks television broadcast, was that Mr. Fay was a sporting a Yamaha kit. Whether this was strictly for the CBS broadcast (which I find unlikely), or a complete change in gear preference or sponsorship, I do not know. I guess somebody who has been to a show on this Canadian tour would have to confirm if he is still playing Ayotte, or has in fact moved over to the Yamaha camp.
Posts: 77
Threads: 3
Joined: Oct 2006
Reputation:
0
Wow if he did switch that would end many years of loyalty to Ayotte, I will let you know tonight I am going to the Red Deer show tonight
Posts: 77
Threads: 3
Joined: Oct 2006
Reputation:
0
Johnny is using Yamaha, it wasn't just for the Chicago show, I don't have a pic but I was sober so he has switched.
Posts: 596
Threads: 18
Joined: Oct 2006
Reputation:
0
Yeah I can confirm as well that he's switched to Yamaha. I had 5th row centre last night at Red Deer and I was watching for his kit, and it was definitely Yamaha.