Posts: 55
Threads: 3
Joined: Feb 2003
Reputation:
0
was there a second single released for World Container?
Posts: 901
Threads: 11
Joined: Dec 2005
Reputation:
0
Yeah, I saw that before the album came out. Still, I demand a video.
Posts: 112
Threads: 6
Joined: Oct 2005
Reputation:
0
Most people underestimate the costs of making a music video. I believe most bands that are signed to major labels, such as the Hip, require the permission of that label to put out a video for a song they have promotional rights to... (could be wrong in this case but I know this is true for others) so it's not like they could just scrape together some footage on a handicam and call it a day.
On the other hand, it's hard to believe that a record company wouldn't shell out the money for "Canada's Biggest Band" on their second single... maybe I could see them refusing if it were a third or fourth video.
There's also the factor that maybe the Hip are just not big fans of videos.
By no means did they earn their current level of popularity through the making and airing of music videos. Though I'm sure it didn't hurt them any, they seemed to depend on radio airplay and amazing live shows and tours. So if the money WAS made available to them, I could see the guys blowing off the music video idea in favour of $50,000-$80,000 worth of tour/radio/other promotion.
Posts: 1,250
Threads: 13
Joined: Sep 2005
Reputation:
0
I heard rink played on our local station the other day for the first time.
Posts: 686
Threads: 52
Joined: Oct 2006
Reputation:
0
they've been playing rink on the radio since early december over here inthe hamilton-toronto area.