Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

AUTOGRAPHS
#1

Well, no one would buy my tix for Chicago, so I had to pay for a flight and a room for 2 nights. All the way from Vancouver. If there is anyone else coming from canada, let me know. You will see me at the show wrapped in my Nova Scotia flag, and hopefully my girlfriend with her Ontario flag. One question,,,if I was at the front of the stage all night, what are the odds of getting any signatures from the band? Has anyone had any luck in the past? Please let me know. Confusedhock:
Reply
#2

I've never seen it happen from the stage. But after the gig, outside, as they leave the venue and head to the bus it happens all the time.
Reply
#3

Try and get in here.

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.hob.com/venues/clubvenues/chicago/foundationroom.asp">http://www.hob.com/venues/clubvenues/ch ... onroom.asp</a><!-- m -->

I need 2 Kingston Tickets, please help.
Reply
#4

chris Wrote:I've never seen it happen from the stage. But after the gig, outside, as they leave the venue and head to the bus it happens all the time.

The only time I've seen it happen is in the 1989 Canada Day show from London, ON video, where the little boy gets his paper Canadian flag autographed by Gord while he sings Last American Exit.

The video is on one of the Grab Bag dvds torrented a while back, and it is priceless to see the father remind his kid to shake Gord's hand...
Reply
#5

srb Wrote:
chris Wrote:I've never seen it happen from the stage. But after the gig, outside, as they leave the venue and head to the bus it happens all the time.

The only time I've seen it happen is in the 1989 Canada Day show from London, ON video, where the little boy gets his paper Canadian flag autographed by Gord while he sings Last American Exit.

The video is on one of the Grab Bag dvds torrented a while back, and it is priceless to see the father remind his kid to shake Gord's hand...

hahaha, thats one of the coolest things I've ever seen. After the song Gord makes a comment about it saying something like: I just put it on autopilot there, I dont even know what I wrote, I think it was something like nice dancing....man(in reference to the kid dancing throughout the show)
Reply
#6

I totally forgot about that video... so aside from that, I've never seen it. Smile

I've got to get another Grab Bag DVD assembled... Anyone have any miscellaneous Hip footage worthy of inclusion?
Reply
#7

Your two options are...

get front row, and try to get the drum sticks, or a guitar pick, or a setlist.

or you can wait at the very back and boot your ass to their bus area(if it's not fenced off) after the concert
Reply
#8

chris Wrote:I
I've got to get another Grab Bag DVD assembled... Anyone have any miscellaneous Hip footage worthy of inclusion?

what have you got so far thats forsurely going on it?

I will not give up. My face is set,my gait is fast,my goal is heaven,my road is narrow,my way is rough,my companions are few,my guide is reliable,my mission is clear. I cannot be bought,compromised,detoured,lured away,turned back,diluted or delayed. I will not flinch in the face of sacrifice,hesitate in the presence of adversity,negotiate at the table of the enemy,ponder at the pool of popularity,or meander in the maze of mediocrity. I will not give up,shut up or slow down....Blessed Be!
Reply
#9

you won't have much luck at the Chicago HOB. we tried last spring and the buses are underground, with security guards. we took a stroll down and couldn't even bribe the guards.
Reply
#10

it's way easier if it's at like a nightclub or something. Like at the Embassy in London when Bobby was doing Strippers Union after the show they all just walked around signing shit, then he sat down and he talked with whoever had something to say to him.
Reply
#11

I think with the flags there, letting them know we are from away might get us lucky, but I was at 2 shows at the commodore Ballroom, and I dont think they did anything with the crowd.
Reply
#12

At the MOD club IBE album premiere show Robbie signed my CD jacket during a commercial break. He came over to the edge of the stage and started chatting with people and signing stuff. Not sure if that qualifies?
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)