Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

Matt Mays & El Torpedo on Conan this Friday!
#1

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://jam.canoe.ca/Music/2006/12/13/2771536-cp.html">http://jam.canoe.ca/Music/2006/12/13/2771536-cp.html</a><!-- m -->
Reply
#2

I guarentee you thats a Vreeken job. The Hip on it are basically a given now. Basically :lol: .

2004-12-03 - Saint John/2005-09-03 - Moncton/2006-06-30 - Charlottetown/2006-11-09/10 - Montreal/2007-09-11 - Fredericton/2007-09-13 - Halifax/2007-09-14 - Sydney/2007-09-15 - Charlottetown/2008-06-30 - Charlottetown/2009-05-01/02 - Montreal/2011-06-28 - Moncton/2011-06-30 - Charlottetown/2012-06-30 - Niagara-on-the-Lake/2013-02-01 - Moncton/2013-02-02 - Halifax/2015-01-10 - Toronto/2015-02-20 - Montreal/2015-07-17 - Ottawa/2016-08-18 - Ottawa/2016-08-20 - Kingston
Reply
#3

saw these guys open for Sam Roberts in August, and they were pretty damn good...actually, one of the best opening acts I've ever seen, right up there with:...And You Will Know Us By The Trail Of Dead (for QOTSA 2002), Dredg (Glassjaw/Sparta 2003), Death From Above 1979 (Billy Talent/Alexisonfire 2003), Treble Charger (Sloan 97), The Tea Party (Ozzy 2004), Terror (Madball/Hatebreed2003), The Black Dahlia Murder (Cannibal Corpse 2004)...

i would love to see them again, they were a lot better than i thought they'd be.
Reply
#4

Matt Mays lives in New York? I just learned something today. Big Grin
Reply
#5

tigerthelion Wrote:Matt Mays lives in New York? I just learned something today. Big Grin

Well... Jersey City.

I wonder if they've visited Asbury Park?
Reply
#6

Matts vocals seemed a b it shaky, but all-in-all a solid performance. I was recording it with my PVR... but midway through the performance it stopped recording... as I think the show went overtime by about two minutes.

2004-12-03 - Saint John/2005-09-03 - Moncton/2006-06-30 - Charlottetown/2006-11-09/10 - Montreal/2007-09-11 - Fredericton/2007-09-13 - Halifax/2007-09-14 - Sydney/2007-09-15 - Charlottetown/2008-06-30 - Charlottetown/2009-05-01/02 - Montreal/2011-06-28 - Moncton/2011-06-30 - Charlottetown/2012-06-30 - Niagara-on-the-Lake/2013-02-01 - Moncton/2013-02-02 - Halifax/2015-01-10 - Toronto/2015-02-20 - Montreal/2015-07-17 - Ottawa/2016-08-18 - Ottawa/2016-08-20 - Kingston
Reply
#7

i think they're awesome! the performance on Conan was really powerful in my mind......they played for free in Mohawk College's bar with "The Tangiers" and "Boy" 4 years ago and Matt Mays & El Torpedo really put on a great show as i remember.

02/18/99Hamilton * 12/03/00Toronto * 12/21/00Hamilton * 10/21/01Toronto * 10/15/02Toronto * 12/30/02Hamilton * 06/21/03Toronto * 09/06/03Barrie * 07/01/04Toronto * 07/23/04Darien Lake * 11/26/04Toronto * 11/27/04London * 12/31/04Hamilton * 06/18/06Guelph * 02/06/07Hamilton * 02/08/07Toronto * 09/30/09Hamilton * 10/03/09Hamilton * 06/28/12Niagara-on-the-Lake * 02/05/2013Kitchener * 02/14/2013Toronto * 02/20/2015Montreal * 07/01/2015Toronto
Reply
#8

why would vreeken have anything to do with this?

he works for carson daly not conan,so much for guarentees
Reply
#9

Matt looked like he was trying to hard or something with his vocals. They didn't sound as powerful as when I saw him in Charlottetown. The band sounded really ragged and loose, which isn't neccessarily a bad thing. They had a Crazy Horse thing going. They rocked the last part of the song. Nice hat that Matt was wearing. I'm shocked he wasn't wearing his usual toque. Big Grin

Vreeken works for Carson Daly? Ugh. I feel sorry for him in a way, having to put up with that douche bag. Also, the musical guests are usual horrific.
Reply
#10

bornalion Wrote:why would vreeken have anything to do with this?

He wouldn't.

Who ends up on late night has everything to do with publicists and nothing to do with what the people toiling in the background think is cool.
Reply
#11

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://youtube.com/watch?v=YEIe3IBEBzI">http://youtube.com/watch?v=YEIe3IBEBzI</a><!-- m -->

2004-12-03 - Saint John/2005-09-03 - Moncton/2006-06-30 - Charlottetown/2006-11-09/10 - Montreal/2007-09-11 - Fredericton/2007-09-13 - Halifax/2007-09-14 - Sydney/2007-09-15 - Charlottetown/2008-06-30 - Charlottetown/2009-05-01/02 - Montreal/2011-06-28 - Moncton/2011-06-30 - Charlottetown/2012-06-30 - Niagara-on-the-Lake/2013-02-01 - Moncton/2013-02-02 - Halifax/2015-01-10 - Toronto/2015-02-20 - Montreal/2015-07-17 - Ottawa/2016-08-18 - Ottawa/2016-08-20 - Kingston
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)