Poll: What Makes Work Fun? - You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Beer
0%
0
0%
Porn
0%
0
0%
* You voted for this item. Show Results

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

Hip Covers
#1

If you were to have any band cover a Hip song, what song would it be and who would the artist be.
And... GO!

I think a Neil Young cover of "Gus" would sound kickass, dare i say epic
Reply
#2

I think Vanderpark could cover Poets...
...and if anyone wants to know what this would sound like, I have an excellent boot in which Vanderpark may (or may not) cover Poets.

2004-12-03 - Saint John/2005-09-03 - Moncton/2006-06-30 - Charlottetown/2006-11-09/10 - Montreal/2007-09-11 - Fredericton/2007-09-13 - Halifax/2007-09-14 - Sydney/2007-09-15 - Charlottetown/2008-06-30 - Charlottetown/2009-05-01/02 - Montreal/2011-06-28 - Moncton/2011-06-30 - Charlottetown/2012-06-30 - Niagara-on-the-Lake/2013-02-01 - Moncton/2013-02-02 - Halifax/2015-01-10 - Toronto/2015-02-20 - Montreal/2015-07-17 - Ottawa/2016-08-18 - Ottawa/2016-08-20 - Kingston
Reply
#3

sean.bonner Wrote:I think Vanderpark could cover Poets...
...and if anyone wants to know what this would sound like, I have an excellent boot in which Vanderpark may (or may not) cover Poets.

Confusedcratch: Confusedcratch: I'm confused. Who the heck is Vanderpark and did they cover Poets?

Joe, great call. Neil doing "Gus" would be pretty cool.

I'd like Pearl Jam doing "One Night in Copenhagen" or "Heaven Is A Better Place Today".
Reply
#4

Vanderpark is a random ass band from Ontario. They've covered Poets.

2004-12-03 - Saint John/2005-09-03 - Moncton/2006-06-30 - Charlottetown/2006-11-09/10 - Montreal/2007-09-11 - Fredericton/2007-09-13 - Halifax/2007-09-14 - Sydney/2007-09-15 - Charlottetown/2008-06-30 - Charlottetown/2009-05-01/02 - Montreal/2011-06-28 - Moncton/2011-06-30 - Charlottetown/2012-06-30 - Niagara-on-the-Lake/2013-02-01 - Moncton/2013-02-02 - Halifax/2015-01-10 - Toronto/2015-02-20 - Montreal/2015-07-17 - Ottawa/2016-08-18 - Ottawa/2016-08-20 - Kingston
Reply
#5

sean.bonner Wrote:Vanderpark is a random ass band from Ontario. They've covered Poets.

Is this from the Sunseeker's Ball show in NB?

I don't think they should cover any more Hip songs. Big Grin

BTW, Joe, nice poll. :rambo:
Reply
#6

rush-nois...this would be crazy!(drum solo instead of gord ranting)
Reply
#7

tigerthelion Wrote:Is this from the Sunseeker's Ball show in NB?
Now, how do you know that!

2004-12-03 - Saint John/2005-09-03 - Moncton/2006-06-30 - Charlottetown/2006-11-09/10 - Montreal/2007-09-11 - Fredericton/2007-09-13 - Halifax/2007-09-14 - Sydney/2007-09-15 - Charlottetown/2008-06-30 - Charlottetown/2009-05-01/02 - Montreal/2011-06-28 - Moncton/2011-06-30 - Charlottetown/2012-06-30 - Niagara-on-the-Lake/2013-02-01 - Moncton/2013-02-02 - Halifax/2015-01-10 - Toronto/2015-02-20 - Montreal/2015-07-17 - Ottawa/2016-08-18 - Ottawa/2016-08-20 - Kingston
Reply
#8

sean.bonner Wrote:
tigerthelion Wrote:Is this from the Sunseeker's Ball show in NB?
Now, how do you know that!

I'm all knowing! :rambo: :rambo: :rambo:


....or I searched "Vanderpark" and saw a link to a show on their myspace page and it had Poets listed. Were you at that show?
Reply
#9

Either that, or Google is a wonderful invention. Smile

2004-12-03 - Saint John/2005-09-03 - Moncton/2006-06-30 - Charlottetown/2006-11-09/10 - Montreal/2007-09-11 - Fredericton/2007-09-13 - Halifax/2007-09-14 - Sydney/2007-09-15 - Charlottetown/2008-06-30 - Charlottetown/2009-05-01/02 - Montreal/2011-06-28 - Moncton/2011-06-30 - Charlottetown/2012-06-30 - Niagara-on-the-Lake/2013-02-01 - Moncton/2013-02-02 - Halifax/2015-01-10 - Toronto/2015-02-20 - Montreal/2015-07-17 - Ottawa/2016-08-18 - Ottawa/2016-08-20 - Kingston
Reply
#10

tigerthelion Wrote:
sean.bonner Wrote:I think Vanderpark could cover Poets...
...and if anyone wants to know what this would sound like, I have an excellent boot in which Vanderpark may (or may not) cover Poets.

Confusedcratch: Confusedcratch: I'm confused. Who the heck is Vanderpark and did they cover Poets?

Joe, great call. Neil doing "Gus" would be pretty cool.

I'd like Pearl Jam doing "One Night in Copenhagen" or "Heaven Is A Better Place Today".


Oh Man, a PJ One Night In Copenhagen would be sick, I could see them doing 'She Didn't Know' too
Reply
#11

The Weakerthans- Scared
Kate Fenner- Pretend
Ron Sexsmith- Wheat Kings
Sarah Harmer- Bobcaygeon
Neil Young- Gus
Pearl Jam- Fire in the Hole
Ben Harper- Fight
Sam Roberts Band- I'll Believe in You
Hugh Dillon Redemption Choir- The Kids Don't Get It
Reply
#12

Sarah McLachlan - Ahead By A Century

Sloan - Something On

Stompin Tom - Fireworks

Neil Young - As I Wind Down The Pines

Rush - Tiger The Lion

Sam Roberts - Save The Planet
Reply
#13

motorhead - three pistols

(with Fast Eddie Clarke & Philthy Phil)
Reply
#14

Ahead by a Century - Ben Harper

PJ - Locked
Reply
#15

i'd like to hear neil young doing boots or hearts... Idealy i would like corsby, stills, nash and young to do it
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)