Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

Edmonton Jan 14
#1

Hello All,

Just wanted to see if I could get some buzz going about the upcoming show in Edmonton.

I've got a 15-18 hour drive to get to Rexall Place. Coming down from Fort Smith, NWT. Anybody out there coming from further away?

Another thing is, I'm taking the whole crew, wife and four kids, any of you see kids at Hip concerts much? I think my parents think I'm nuts, but the kids know the music and like getting up for hockey listening to it in the van on the way to the rink.

Wondering about the show its self. Is ok to stand up and enjoy yourself or are we gonna get told to sit down? We're up in the 200 level.

How about requests for certain songs? If we hold up a 50 Mission Cap sign will they play it? I realize the sign might have to be pretty big if we want Gord to see it up in the 200's.

Hope I didn't scare anybody off with all the questions. Just say hey if you'd rather.

Anyway, we're all looking forward to it and can't wait to meet up with you guys in Edmonton. Cheers.
Reply
#2

I've had seen kids at some shows before, they should be fine a seating section, General admission might be another story, but they should be ok.

They don't take requests (even though i think we all wish they did), they make up setlists before hand.

And you might get annoyed people behind you who ask you to sit down, but i sure you'll be fine rocking out as hard as you want
Reply
#3

jcshades Wrote:Hello All,

Just wanted to see if I could get some buzz going about the upcoming show in Edmonton.

I've got a 15-18 hour drive to get to Rexall Place. Coming down from Fort Smith, NWT. Anybody out there coming from further away?

Another thing is, I'm taking the whole crew, wife and four kids, any of you see kids at Hip concerts much? I think my parents think I'm nuts, but the kids know the music and like getting up for hockey listening to it in the van on the way to the rink.

Wondering about the show its self. Is ok to stand up and enjoy yourself or are we gonna get told to sit down? We're up in the 200 level.

How about requests for certain songs? If we hold up a 50 Mission Cap sign will they play it? I realize the sign might have to be pretty big if we want Gord to see it up in the 200's.

Hope I didn't scare anybody off with all the questions. Just say hey if you'd rather.

Anyway, we're all looking forward to it and can't wait to meet up with you guys in Edmonton. Cheers.

Top of the morning to ya JC,

I'll be flying down from the top of the world, I'm also a NT'er, coming from a bit further than you, Inuvik. I'd love to drive out but I'm not brave enough to drive the Dempster in the winter Smile you and your fam dance and flail around to your hearts content, I've always loved seeing the Hip in edmonton for just that reason,everyone is there to have a great time and its always a deadly show! I'll be flying out on the friday before the gig to soak up some of Edmonton's fantastic groove :thumb: Welcome !

I will not give up. My face is set,my gait is fast,my goal is heaven,my road is narrow,my way is rough,my companions are few,my guide is reliable,my mission is clear. I cannot be bought,compromised,detoured,lured away,turned back,diluted or delayed. I will not flinch in the face of sacrifice,hesitate in the presence of adversity,negotiate at the table of the enemy,ponder at the pool of popularity,or meander in the maze of mediocrity. I will not give up,shut up or slow down....Blessed Be!
Reply
#4

Have fun, but bring hearing protection for your kids. Their ears are much more sensitive to loud sound than adults.

I've seen lots of younger fans/kids at Hip shows throughout the years. Moreso at the outdoor events than the arena/club shows, but I think that has to do more with the cost of tickets than anything else...
Reply
#5

You really shouldn't have any problem standing for the whole show.
Reply
#6

I've been to many shows at Rexall and have neve been asked to sit down by security or anyone who works there, I have had people ask me to sit, but I explained to them that the people in fornt of me are standing up, so I'm going to as well. I also said if you want to sit, stay home and watch the dvd.

There will be quite a few kids there, so it shouldn't be a problem at al, lucky kids to have parents so cool.

As far as the request oges, doubtful, unless your banner or sign is the size of a small car or something......but you never know til you try right?

I hope y'all from up north have a safe journy to Edmonton and enjoy the show...I can't wait.

if you have any other questions, don't hesitate to pm me and ask, I'm happy to help out where I can around here.
Reply
#7

I went to a couple Calgary shows, and I'm going to the Edmonton show. I saw a few kids who were obviously under 12 in Calgary, and one of the funniest things I heard one of them say was "Mom, what's that weird smell?"
He was, of course, talking about the pot. Just expect some pot at the concert.
Reply
#8

Thanks to all who replied with the information. So I need to bring ear plugs and nose plugs for the kids.

Can't wait for the next two months to pass by, well Christmas should be ok.

Last concert we saw was Springsteen's Rising tour in Edmonton, that will be close to four years ago when we see the Hip.
Reply
#9

Summiteer Wrote:
jcshades Wrote:Hello All,

Just wanted to see if I could get some buzz going about the upcoming show in Edmonton.

I've got a 15-18 hour drive to get to Rexall Place. Coming down from Fort Smith, NWT. Anybody out there coming from further away?

Another thing is, I'm taking the whole crew, wife and four kids, any of you see kids at Hip concerts much? I think my parents think I'm nuts, but the kids know the music and like getting up for hockey listening to it in the van on the way to the rink.

Wondering about the show its self. Is ok to stand up and enjoy yourself or are we gonna get told to sit down? We're up in the 200 level.

How about requests for certain songs? If we hold up a 50 Mission Cap sign will they play it? I realize the sign might have to be pretty big if we want Gord to see it up in the 200's.

Hope I didn't scare anybody off with all the questions. Just say hey if you'd rather.

Anyway, we're all looking forward to it and can't wait to meet up with you guys in Edmonton. Cheers.

Top of the morning to ya JC,

I'll be flying down from the top of the world, I'm also a NT'er, coming from a bit further than you, Inuvik. I'd love to drive out but I'm not brave enough to drive the Dempster in the winter Smile you and your fam dance and flail around to your hearts content, I've always loved seeing the Hip in edmonton for just that reason,everyone is there to have a great time and its always a deadly show! I'll be flying out on the friday before the gig to soak up some of Edmonton's fantastic groove :thumb: Welcome !

Summiteer,

I had the pleasure of driving the Dempster in January about 7 or 8 years ago with a guy from Inuvik. He was bringing one of his rental vehicles down to Whitehorse for some body work and we were both attending a training session.

It was -40-45 celsius and we just stopped for gas, 15 hours to Whitehorse. On the way back I was sure glad for those reflective posts around the Eagle Plains area...blizzard, whiteout, had to wait about 12 hours for a grader. It's not just a job, it's an adventure.

Everest eh?....wow. About 5 years ago I read "Into Thin Air" and I've been hooked ever since. You got an Everest thread going or a website with pictures or anything?
Reply
#10

jcshades Wrote:
Summiteer Wrote:
jcshades Wrote:Hello All,

Just wanted to see if I could get some buzz going about the upcoming show in Edmonton.

I've got a 15-18 hour drive to get to Rexall Place. Coming down from Fort Smith, NWT. Anybody out there coming from further away?

Another thing is, I'm taking the whole crew, wife and four kids, any of you see kids at Hip concerts much? I think my parents think I'm nuts, but the kids know the music and like getting up for hockey listening to it in the van on the way to the rink.

Wondering about the show its self. Is ok to stand up and enjoy yourself or are we gonna get told to sit down? We're up in the 200 level.

How about requests for certain songs? If we hold up a 50 Mission Cap sign will they play it? I realize the sign might have to be pretty big if we want Gord to see it up in the 200's.

Hope I didn't scare anybody off with all the questions. Just say hey if you'd rather.

Anyway, we're all looking forward to it and can't wait to meet up with you guys in Edmonton. Cheers.

Top of the morning to ya JC,

I'll be flying down from the top of the world, I'm also a NT'er, coming from a bit further than you, Inuvik. I'd love to drive out but I'm not brave enough to drive the Dempster in the winter Smile you and your fam dance and flail around to your hearts content, I've always loved seeing the Hip in edmonton for just that reason,everyone is there to have a great time and its always a deadly show! I'll be flying out on the friday before the gig to soak up some of Edmonton's fantastic groove :thumb: Welcome !

Summiteer,

I had the pleasure of driving the Dempster in January about 7 or 8 years ago with a guy from Inuvik. He was bringing one of his rental vehicles down to Whitehorse for some body work and we were both attending a training session.

It was -40-45 celsius and we just stopped for gas, 15 hours to Whitehorse. On the way back I was sure glad for those reflective posts around the Eagle Plains area...blizzard, whiteout, had to wait about 12 hours for a grader. It's not just a job, it's an adventure.

Everest eh?....wow. About 5 years ago I read "Into Thin Air" and I've been hooked ever since. You got an Everest thread going or a website with pictures or anything?

Ya, thats exactly what I'm talking about with the Dempster in the Winter Confusedhock: I'll do it one day, I think Smile But thats one amazing story man,glad its a happy ending :thumb: No Everest thread yet, just my little Himalayas' of your mind pic :mrgreen:

I will not give up. My face is set,my gait is fast,my goal is heaven,my road is narrow,my way is rough,my companions are few,my guide is reliable,my mission is clear. I cannot be bought,compromised,detoured,lured away,turned back,diluted or delayed. I will not flinch in the face of sacrifice,hesitate in the presence of adversity,negotiate at the table of the enemy,ponder at the pool of popularity,or meander in the maze of mediocrity. I will not give up,shut up or slow down....Blessed Be!
Reply
#11

GA Ticket Holders for Edmonton,

Just wondering what time you guys will line up to get you elbows on the stage? Is there a pit area and how many are allowed into it?
Reply
#12

There is no GA area, as far as I know. At least, there had better not be!
Reply
#13

Thanks, so it's all seats on the floor then.
Reply
#14

hip have had seats on the floor of their arena tours for a looooong time now.

it'd be nice if they changed it up, just one tour...
Reply
#15

I ordered my tickets through TM back on October 30. Asked them to send them to me regular mail. Haven't got'em yet.

Anybody else still waiting for thiers?
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)