10-24-2006, 03:56 PM
Some service providers (ie. Cogeco) do not allow for torrent uploading so ratio demands will never be able ot be met. Does anyone kow any other servers hosting these shows? Or, will they be on the ftp?

rocketsan22 Wrote:Some service providers (ie. Cogeco) do not allow for torrent uploading so ratio demands will never be able ot be met. Does anyone kow any other servers hosting these shows? Or, will they be on the ftp?B&P's are always an option.
rocketsan22 Wrote:Some service providers (ie. Cogeco) do not allow for torrent uploading so ratio demands will never be able ot be met. Does anyone kow any other servers hosting these shows? Or, will they be on the ftp?On this site they host tons of live shows - not just Hip.
chris Wrote:This ratio thing has really got people up in arms; without the ratio system too many people just grab the show they want and run, leaving the generous among us to seed for everyone.
If anyone has a suggestion other than ratio bans to solve this problem, I'm listening and willing to try just about anything.
Zenith Wrote:chris Wrote:This ratio thing has really got people up in arms; without the ratio system too many people just grab the show they want and run, leaving the generous among us to seed for everyone.
If anyone has a suggestion other than ratio bans to solve this problem, I'm listening and willing to try just about anything.
I understand the need for the ratios entirely, and agree with it - the problem I have though is that a lot of people don't always want what I have to seed (Phantom Acoustics for example). I try and seed as much as I can, as I want to help, but if there aren't the leechers then I can't get my ratio up.
Are people only banned from the tracker if they never seed anything?
Hairbird Wrote:Zenith Wrote:chris Wrote:This ratio thing has really got people up in arms; without the ratio system too many people just grab the show they want and run, leaving the generous among us to seed for everyone.
If anyone has a suggestion other than ratio bans to solve this problem, I'm listening and willing to try just about anything.
I understand the need for the ratios entirely, and agree with it - the problem I have though is that a lot of people don't always want what I have to seed (Phantom Acoustics for example). I try and seed as much as I can, as I want to help, but if there aren't the leechers then I can't get my ratio up.
Are people only banned from the tracker if they never seed anything?
The best thing that you can do is jump on early to one of the many new shows that are popping up right now. Get on early and stay on long (even if for some crazy reason you don't want to keep the show). Everyone will want what you've got then. It's easy to keep you ratio up if you're dealing in recent shows. I've already got a good ratio, so I'll be getting off of all of these torrents relatively early, to allow some others the chance to seed.