Posts: 373
Threads: 72
Joined: Jul 2002
Reputation:
0
So apart from Lonely End Of The Rink, which is an obvious concert opener (since it's been used already).... what other tracks from this album do you think they'll use to open with? Right off I'd say Ocean and maybe Drop-Off, but I think Family Band could also make a great opener.
Nick
Posts: 415
Threads: 20
Joined: Oct 2002
Reputation:
0
album openers are always prime candidates for show openers so i'd say ocean has a good shot.
i wouldn't be surprised to see in view opening a show or two a la vaccination scar (both first singles).
i'm pretty sure drop off is going to be in the encore of every show the hip play for the rest of their music careers (as well it should) so i doubt it'll be an opener... same with world container.
my long shot set list opener from the new album is the kids don't get it. those short hard guitar strokes would break the silence nicely and get everybody the hell out of their seats in a hurry.
Posts: 7,289
Threads: 811
Joined: Apr 2005
Reputation:
0
I would love to see No Threat as an opener a few times... it opens Yer Favourites perfectley, in my opinion. I guess the time to try that out (aka, Summer Fling '06) has allready passed. I can still wish though!
2004-12-03 - Saint John/2005-09-03 - Moncton/2006-06-30 - Charlottetown/2006-11-09/10 - Montreal/2007-09-11 - Fredericton/2007-09-13 - Halifax/2007-09-14 - Sydney/2007-09-15 - Charlottetown/2008-06-30 - Charlottetown/2009-05-01/02 - Montreal/2011-06-28 - Moncton/2011-06-30 - Charlottetown/2012-06-30 - Niagara-on-the-Lake/2013-02-01 - Moncton/2013-02-02 - Halifax/2015-01-10 - Toronto/2015-02-20 - Montreal/2015-07-17 - Ottawa/2016-08-18 - Ottawa/2016-08-20 - Kingston
Posts: 1,166
Threads: 38
Joined: Aug 2006
Reputation:
0
fly would hook any audience from the start -
Posts: 453
Threads: 26
Joined: May 2006
Reputation:
0
Oooooooooooh Family Band would be a fantastic opener!!! It is fast becoming my favorite track on WC....
All I'm hearin' is youuuuuuuu