Posts: 1,933
Threads: 100
Joined: Oct 2002
Reputation:
0
It's going to happen according to GD and the management type person he was with when I met him yesterday.
Posts: 60
Threads: 3
Joined: Apr 2005
Reputation:
0
thats going to be kickass
Posts: 536
Threads: 33
Joined: Jul 2004
Reputation:
0
I knew I saved that record player for a reason!!!!!!
Posts: 1,708
Threads: 100
Joined: Jul 2004
Reputation:
0
That would be absolutely amazing....would this be the first album on vinyl since Live Between Us?
Posts: 75
Threads: 0
Joined: Jun 2006
Reputation:
0
Yep, LBU was the last one. I've been wanting to email management for so long about putting all of their back catalogue (PP onward) on vinyl. The artwork is so amazing on all of their albums that they deserve to be shown on a larger canvas. Now that I'm older, I can't be putting posters of the LPs on the walls anymore (my wife would kill me, even if they were framed). Vinyl just sounds so much more layered than CDs. I love being able to hear the clarity coming from all of the instruments being played. Nothing beats leafing through the LPs, picking out TATH, slapping on the headphones and admiring the amazing pics on the front and back covers. I'll definitely be picking up the WC vinyl as soon as it's out!!!! Now, let's just hope that IBE comes out next. I love the caracture's of the band members on the inside cover and all of the little pics on that one....
Brad
Posts: 761
Threads: 111
Joined: Jul 2002
Reputation:
0
I found a guy in Calgary with Phantom Power on vinyl.
For years I've heard that PP was pressed in extremely rare quantities.
Posts: 75
Threads: 0
Joined: Jun 2006
Reputation:
0
Wow, I'd do some pretty pathetic things to get a copy of PP..... it's my fave!!!!
Brad
Posts: 2,571
Threads: 145
Joined: May 2003
Reputation:
0
TLB Wrote:I found a guy in Calgary with Phantom Power on vinyl.
For years I've heard that PP was pressed in extremely rare quantities.
wow

hock: Tony,did you actually see it with your own eyes? I have my doubts if they did put that on Vinyl, I think it was Billy who mentioned before that He'd seen PP on vinyl too, but ya, that would be top 3 for Rare Hip memorabilia....As for WC on vinyl, bring it on!!!
I will not give up. My face is set,my gait is fast,my goal is heaven,my road is narrow,my way is rough,my companions are few,my guide is reliable,my mission is clear. I cannot be bought,compromised,detoured,lured away,turned back,diluted or delayed. I will not flinch in the face of sacrifice,hesitate in the presence of adversity,negotiate at the table of the enemy,ponder at the pool of popularity,or meander in the maze of mediocrity. I will not give up,shut up or slow down....Blessed Be!
Posts: 555
Threads: 35
Joined: Oct 2002
Reputation:
0
TLB Wrote:I found a guy in Calgary with Phantom Power on vinyl.
For years I've heard that PP was pressed in extremely rare quantities.
What's his address...lol. Buy seriously...if it's true, the LP has to be worth a few hundred bucks. Hip vinyl on ebay is getting out of hand recently, for the uninitiated. A used copy of Road Apples (which is one of the easier LPs to find) went for over $100 US last week and a sealed copy of DFN (which you can still get from Maple Music for $15 CAD) went for over $70 US!
"They're your blues, we just play 'em"
Posts: 2,255
Threads: 36
Joined: Sep 2002
Reputation:
0
I have the EP, UTH, RA and DFN. Awhile ago I was in a bidding war for TATH on ebay and but I lost
Posts: 994
Threads: 33
Joined: Dec 2004
Reputation:
0
wow i'd pick one up for sure, the only one i have thus far is day for night (reprint i believe?) still available <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.maplemusic.com/product.asp?dept%5Fid=376&pf%5Fid=375%2D48&lang=EN">http://www.maplemusic.com/product.asp?d ... 48&lang=EN</a><!-- m -->