Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

Anyone In Buffalo find World Container yet?
#1

Anyone have any luck with the local music stores. Seems that the storm has screwed up the shipments.
Reply
#2

tragicallymike Wrote:Anyone have any luck with the local music stores. Seems that the storm has screwed up the shipments.

It isn't being released in the States until '07. You'll probably have to make a trip across the border to pick it up, or just order it online.
Reply
#3

called record theater yesterday and they thought they would get it as an import maybe sometime today they said to call periodically during the day

Ron
Reply
#4

With the power outtage - Record Theatres warehouse can not ship to the stores.
The warehouse is out by the Main Street Store.
I was talking to the guys yesterday afternoon.
Whenever Record Theatre receives a new CD - they do not wait - they just put it out.

Here are some numbers to save you a trip:
Main Street: 883-1355 (this # does not have power - when they answer you know the warehouse has power)
Niagara falls: 297-5418\

And I did not try - but here is the # for New World Records: 716-883-3472

"We're forced to bed, but we're free to dream"
Dana
Reply
#5

According to an New world record's answering machine message: they do not have power today but they expect to be open tommorrow and expect to have WC then.

However,
I am heading over the border at 5:00 to grab some copies, let me know, i'll grab you one and you can pick it up downtown tommorrow or in North Buffalo tonight.

PM me and we'll talk.
Reply
#6

I drove to the Wal-mart in Ft. Erie (QEW to Thompson Road South to Garrison) 5 minutes from the boarder, and bought it $14.98 CA, on my lunch break.

11/26/96 Buffalo
8/7/98 Wattsburg, PA
7/29/00 Darien, NY
8/1/02 Toronto
9/1/02 Darien, NY
7/28/04 Darien, NY
6/17/06 Lewiston, NY
10/25/06 Toronto
3/10/07 Buffalo
6/30/07 Lewiston, NY
7/1/07 Lewiston, NY
11/2/07 Rochester
6/4/09 Lewiston, NY
7/1/11 Toronto
7/30/11 Buffalo
6/30/12 Niagara-on-the-Lake
11/2/12 Cleveland
8/2/13 Buffalo
4/8/15 Buffalo
8/14/16 Toronto
Reply
#7

I got it tonight at Record Theatre in Lancaster - Transit Rd., in the Forestream Plaza. (between Clinton and French Rd.)

10.26.07 Washington DC
10.19.09 Washington DC
7.30.11 Buffalo
11.10.12 NYC
7.19.13 Buffalo
4.18.15 Buffalo
8.12.16 TO
wish I had seen more
Reply
#8

what was the cost at record theater? was it an import

ron
Reply
#9

ron Wrote:what was the cost at record theater? was it an import
ron
I picked mine up at Record Theatre - they do not really list imports or not.
I think I paid 16.99

"We're forced to bed, but we're free to dream"
Dana
Reply
#10

Tthip Wrote:
ron Wrote:what was the cost at record theater? was it an import
ron
I picked mine up at Record Theatre - they do not really list imports or not.
I think I paid 16.99


thanks
Reply
#11

BuffaloHipFan Wrote:I drove to the Wal-mart in Ft. Erie (QEW to Thompson Road South to Garrison) 5 minutes from the boarder, and bought it $14.98 CA, on my lunch break.

I went to the same Wal Mart myself.

Listening to it on the way back over the bridge made the traffic all that more enjoyable.

While I was there, I also picked up a copy of Live Between Us (my original was lost at a Bills tailgate) for $7.88. A lot cheaper than Best Buy over here!
Reply
#12

I got my copy in Cornwall at Music World. It was a interesting trip over. Myself and my girlfriend got pulled into customs and got my car searched. Then when i got to the music store my Visa Debit Card wouldn't work. So i had to go to Scotiabank almost on the the other side of Cornwall. After two hours later i finally had World Container playing in my car on the way home. What a trip.
Reply
#13

Wheatking20 Wrote:I got my copy in Cornwall at Music World. It was a interesting trip over. Myself and my girlfriend got pulled into customs and got my car searched. Then when i got to the music store my Visa Debit Card wouldn't work. So i had to go to Scotiabank almost on the the other side of Cornwall. After two hours later i finally had World Container playing in my car on the way home. What a trip.

So my guess is that after all that and listening to the album...it was all worth it.
Reply
#14

picked mine up today at record theater on main st, near UB .

Ron
Reply
#15

Tthip Wrote:
ron Wrote:what was the cost at record theater? was it an import
ron
I picked mine up at Record Theatre - they do not really list imports or not.
I think I paid 16.99

Mine had an import sticker on it.
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)