Posts: 367
Threads: 41
Joined: Apr 2006
Reputation:
0
Hey Everyone,
Just a little activity to keep those with Hip on the brain occupied. Please ignore if this has already been done to death.
The Tragically Hip have quite a few songs that reference some form of water in the lyrics. The game is this:
Quote a line from a Hip song that has some type of water reference. The next person must name the song and then continue the game with a quote from another song.
The rules are few:
- No cover songs, solo projects or live concert references.
- Last correct unanswered quote wins the game and receives 5 gold stars.
I'll start things off:
-colourable seas grew more so through the night
Posts: 1,079
Threads: 101
Joined: Apr 2004
Reputation:
0
A:The Direwolf
Q:"collecting dewdrops for tea underneath the cannonball tree"
Posts: 1,016
Threads: 43
Joined: Jun 2006
Reputation:
0
A: Sherpa
Q: "so randomly...somebody calls...The phone rings and it brings Niagara Falls"
Posts: 2,255
Threads: 36
Joined: Sep 2002
Reputation:
0
A; A Beautiful Thing
Q:"bring on the butterscotch river overspilling its banks"
Posts: 2,025
Threads: 109
Joined: Jan 2003
Reputation:
0
A: Membership
Q: "I went through open country over water, meadows, streams"
-Jenna
Posts: 1,042
Threads: 52
Joined: Jun 2002
Reputation:
0
A: As I Wind Down the Pines
Q: "We often stop in these conversations, things we say here stay here forever amen."
Posts: 331
Threads: 12
Joined: Jul 2004
Reputation:
0
A: Emergency
Q: Well we're rocking to the beach watch the waves as they roll there
Posts: 36
Threads: 0
Joined: Feb 2006
Reputation:
0
A: All Canadian Surf Club
Q: "Rain falls in real time and rain fell through the night"
Posts: 1,708
Threads: 100
Joined: Jul 2004
Reputation:
0
A: Ahead By A Century
Q: Tom Thompson came paddling past.....
Posts: 1,318
Threads: 110
Joined: Jan 2004
Reputation:
0
A: Three Pistols
Q: The valve's picking up speed, there's water leaking in / That old equilibrium just starts to spin and spin
Posts: 2,571
Threads: 145
Joined: May 2003
Reputation:
0
-> Chagrin Falls
I stood at your sink and I felt your warm water I washed your dishes...
I will not give up. My face is set,my gait is fast,my goal is heaven,my road is narrow,my way is rough,my companions are few,my guide is reliable,my mission is clear. I cannot be bought,compromised,detoured,lured away,turned back,diluted or delayed. I will not flinch in the face of sacrifice,hesitate in the presence of adversity,negotiate at the table of the enemy,ponder at the pool of popularity,or meander in the maze of mediocrity. I will not give up,shut up or slow down....Blessed Be!
Posts: 30
Threads: 3
Joined: Dec 2002
Reputation:
0
A: Greasy Jungle
Q: "A promised hibernation high, took me across the great black plate of ice..."
Posts: 24
Threads: 0
Joined: Apr 2005
Reputation:
0
A: The Bear
Q: "and then of course there's the dorsal fin, closing in that you can't outswim"