Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

Lawyer's and car accidents?!
#1

I was a passenger in a car that was hit back in Feb. After many months of continued doctors appts (3/wk) and fighting to get my injuries officially DX'd. It's now a matter of treatment and of course everyone says i need to do something different. I'm meeting with a neurosurgeon this coming Tuesday to find out what he says. My next new thing to tackle is to find a lawyer. Does anyone have experience with this?... Have you ever been in a car accident where you had to get a lawyer? I really would appreciate all the advice you have to offer. I'm 29 years old & have never had any children - and the doctors are saying that bc of this accident I may never be able to carry a child - d/t the pressure a child would put on me - my leg/s would very likely go numb. My job has absolutely been affected with all the time lost to doctor appts & having a hard time focusing through the pain when in the office.

Thank you in advance for your 2 cents.

______

R, The car who hit us has already excepted fault. But they want to settle for an amount of money that won't begin to cover all the stuff I've been going through let alone the cost of surgery and lost wages. I'm not at all the kind of person who ever would have thought I'd be looking to sue for damages or this kind of coverage...but it's the rest of my life. I've had multiple 2nd opinions from a variety of doctors - they all say this will be with me in a major way for the rest of my life. Thinking down the future - if I need another MRI or whatever - therapies, etc... they will be out of my pocket. It's important that I look ahead in that respect. If I don't protect myself now - it's all on me later. Also, I'm not married - so it's not like I have a partner who can provide for me while I need to heal up, you know? It's just one big mess.
Reply
#2

well who are you gonna sue your friend or the other driver and whos fault was it , sorry to hear that you might not be able to have children but doctors are not always right. it can't hurt to talk to a lawyer



Ron
Reply
#3

The legal process is very much different in Canada than in the United States when it comes to sueing...my advice, get the best lawyer you can get and see it through all the way.

Send skippythewonderdog a PM, I believe he's either articling or is a full fledged Lawyer, he should be able to point you in the right direction.

Hope it all works out for ya!!!
Reply
#4

robert goulet Wrote:Send skippythewonderdog a PM, I believe he's either articling or is a full fledged Lawyer, he should be able to point you in the right direction.

No, I only play a lawyer on TV. Smile

Prz is the lawyer round here.

Do you use a lawyer for anything else? He can probably refer you to a good personal injury lawyer.

Good luck with it. Certainly in a private-health-care world you have to look out for yourself.
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)