Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

Malarchuk Incident on Ebay
#1

Damn - some people will really try and sell ANYTHING on Ebay:

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=230005082141#ebayphotohosting">http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... otohosting</a><!-- m -->

"We're forced to bed, but we're free to dream"
Dana
Reply
#2

Damn, some people will BUY anything on EBAY. It was sold!
Reply
#3

That's whacked. I'm an ex goalie, trying to cash in on a nearly tragic event is pretty distastfull.
Reply
#4

OMG, I want one but at the same time I don't...

I need 2 Kingston Tickets, please help.
Reply
#5

mrlayance Wrote:OMG, I want one but at the same time I don't...

My sentiments exactly!
Reply
#6

I was at that game. It was the night of the last day of school before spring break. I was in 8th grade. It was one of the most surreal things I had ever seen, still is. People all over the Aud were fainting and / or spontaneously vomiting. It took the rink crew a good five to ten minutes to shovel all the blood-drenched ice shavings into a wheelbarrow.
Reply
#7

That's wrong, hillarious, and not entirelly accurate if I'm not mistaken. Poor Clint, I hope he gets a cut ... I mean, a piece of the action.

Cheers,

Pat
Reply
#8

briansmccabe Wrote:I was at that game. It was the night of the last day of school before spring break. I was in 8th grade. It was one of the most surreal things I had ever seen, still is. People all over the Aud were fainting and / or spontaneously vomiting. It took the rink crew a good five to ten minutes to shovel all the blood-drenched ice shavings into a wheelbarrow.

I was there too, only 7 years old. And to think my parents let me play hockey after that!

All I can remember is Grant Ledyard pounding on the zamboni glass for help, the rink going silent and seeing Sabres players crying on the bench. We were in the Upper Golds to the left of Malarchuk.

After the initial shock of it all wore off, my mother took me into the restroom and I got sick. I think it was more other people getting sick that made me sick more so than the blood. The puddle of blood looked black to me so it didn't sink in as much.

I will never forget that game. I saw a video not too long ago that triggered some memories. It was my uncle's first NHL game.

That is f'd up that someone would make a figure of that. Wow.

On a side note, Clint went through some serious personal struggles since that incident (including suicide attempts, depression, etc). He is now doing much better and was (I think still is) working as a goalie coach for the Florida Panthers. Hey, Luongo didn't turn out too bad. He must be doing something right.
Reply
#9

That is disgusting...who in their right mind would make that?! But more importantly, who would buy that!!
It's a sign of disrespect in my opinion...what's next, a figurine of Mario Lemieux on the radiation table??!
Reply
#10

Drez7 Wrote:We were in the Upper Golds to the left of Malarchuk.

Wow....not to split hairs, but now you've got me curious. So if you're looking at the rink from a bird's eye view, and the goals are at the top and bottom of your view, picture the end Clint was defending at the time of the incident as being at the top. That puts the penalty boxes on the left side, and the benches on the right. You with me?

So I was sitting in the front row of the upper golds, right behind the penalty boxes. to see the action at Clint's end (again, at the time of the accident), I would look to my left.

I am curious if you were in the same general area as me, or on the opposite side of the rink. Don't ask me why I am so curious. I guess it's weird to interract with someone else who was there all these years later.
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)