Posts: 929
Threads: 34
Joined: Jul 2006
Reputation:
0
I've come to the conclusion that this is a band whose music is best served when performed live.
It has also come to my attention that there appear to be large quantities of readily available live recordings of them.
So, what I'd like to know is... what should I have in my collection and how would I go about getting it?
Any pointers would be very much appreciated, you've all been so helpful already. :thumb:
Cheers,
Matt
Come say hi on twitter
@MattMerritt
Posts: 2,025
Threads: 109
Joined: Jan 2003
Reputation:
0
The shows that are up on the tracker are a great place to start.
One of my favorite boots is from Bill's Bar during the Phantom Power tour. Also snag one of the Evening with shows. I know that some Hipbasers will disagree with me, but having Chris Brown and Kate Fenner along for the ride add a little something extra.
Also try the search feature on the top of the site. There's tons of advice floating around on this board! :thumb:
-Jenna
Posts: 929
Threads: 34
Joined: Jul 2006
Reputation:
0
Thanks Jenna... I did do a little search, but most of it went right over my head, hence this thread.
Thanks for your recommendations :thumb:
Come say hi on twitter
@MattMerritt
Posts: 2,025
Threads: 109
Joined: Jan 2003
Reputation:
0
This thread <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://hipbase.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3326&highlight=hip+boot">http://hipbase.com/forum/viewtopic.php? ... t=hip+boot</a><!-- m --> has a list of various boots people consider their favorites. Hope it helps!
-Jenna
Posts: 1,772
Threads: 17
Joined: Sep 2003
Reputation:
0
venture over to bt.hipfans.com and sign up. Look for a torrent called "TTH Startup Kit." That will get your boat afloat!
Cheers!
Posts: 929
Threads: 34
Joined: Jul 2006
Reputation:
0
Cheers... do I need a special type of player or anything?
Come say hi on twitter
@MattMerritt
Posts: 929
Threads: 34
Joined: Jul 2006
Reputation:
0
Have worked it out now guys, cheers!
Come say hi on twitter
@MattMerritt
Posts: 178
Threads: 4
Joined: Dec 2005
Reputation:
0
My three favourites are the Boulder, Colorado show from July 20, 1996, the Ottawa show from July 1993 and the Bear Valley show from 1996.
Posts: 929
Threads: 34
Joined: Jul 2006
Reputation:
0
The start up kit is downloading, albeit veeerry slowly.
Thanks for your help everyone :thumb:
Come say hi on twitter
@MattMerritt
Posts: 282
Threads: 11
Joined: Feb 2006
Reputation:
0
HENGELO 91/05/24 - not only becuase gord's so clearly ripped..... It is just a great show; great setlist with some unreleased stuff.
Posts: 276
Threads: 20
Joined: Feb 2006
Reputation:
0
If you want some great live Hip served as single songs, not complete concerts, go to this site: <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://hipfans.com/downloads">http://hipfans.com/downloads</a><!-- m --> this is where all of the past downloads of the week (or so) have ended up.
Posts: 1,079
Threads: 101
Joined: Apr 2004
Reputation:
0
It's good to see new members of the flock. Woodstook 1999 is hands down in my top 5. I'm having a tough time with the tracker, but I'll serve it up if I can.