Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

Best Frontman Ever?
#1

In my opinion, Gord is the best rock'n'roll frontman hands down. Though their are several others who come close, none (to me) have the same combination of charisma, spontenaity and pure ability to get lost in the music. In concert he demands your attention, just by the pure fact that if you look away you may miss something. Never does he stand in front of the mic and phone it in. Simply singing the lyrics as per the album sleeve will not suffice as it does for most every other band out there. This guy is a true artist, and musical genius.

There are other frontmen who have been able to do some of what he does. The charisma and ad-lib of Robert Plant, the spontenaity and demanding-your-attention of Johnny Rotten or the lost in the music quality of Jim Morrison. (mostly due to intoxication :wink: )

Any others have an opinion on this, or want to give their opinion on other frontmen they're fans of?
Reply
#2

#1 Gord Downie- Obviously

#2 Jim Morrison- without him, there would be no Doors. He IS the Doors

#3 Elton John- He plays the piano and sings, and he's one of the best at both

# 4- Roger Daltrey- An incredible voice who never got the credit he deserved playing with Townshend and Moon, but an amazing presence none the less

#5- Ben Folds- Anybody who's seen him live knows why
Reply
#3

....

Imagine a world before the "beginning was the word.”
Reply
#4

Downie is number one BY FAR, with Bon Scott a distant third.
Reply
#5

Gord is the best for too many reasons than I can tell now (I'm a bit tipsy) but I'd have to say Isaac Brock is a very close second,
Reply
#6

#1.
Hands down.

Neil Fallon---CLUTCH

#2.
Mr. Downie.
Reply
#7

Downie is #1 in my books without question...then guys like Fogerty, Morrison, Jagger, etc.
Reply
#8

Robert Plant is number one
Gord is 2
Weiland is 3
Reply
#9

1..Gord Downie
2..Dave Gahan.....Depeche Mode
3..Mr. Stipe......REM
Reply
#10

LizardKing51 Wrote:No I never Beat Frontmen Ever, sorry.


Typos can be quite funny can't they? hehe

I can't say favorite with frontmen, there are so many very talented individuals out there. I'm always astounded, amused and entertained by Gordie's improvisational skills.
Reply
#11

My favorites..

The Lizard King
Michael Stipe
Jack White
Gord Downie
Robert Plant
Bonn Scott

..just to name a few.

Of all the bands/acts Ive ever seen no-one blew me away like Jack White did, he rules, Stipe is pretty awesome too. I have a soft spot for Gord, Ive seen the Hip more than anyone else and every show he kicks ass, the man never takes a night off and never fails to rise to the occasion, he is a unique talent. There really is no one like him, Stipe sort of has the same mannerisms as Gord on stage, but no-one can rant and lose himself like Downie does and still keep it together.

Imagine a world before the "beginning was the word.”
Reply
#12

Mick Jagger should be on everybody's list.
Reply
#13

Haircut-Rabbit Wrote:Mick Jagger should be on everybody's list.
I agree, I feel ashamed I forgot him now..

pleeeeze forgive me rock gods!

Sad

Imagine a world before the "beginning was the word.”
Reply
#14

My favourites (in no specific order)

Mick Jagger (Rolling Stones)
Gord Downie (The Tragically Hip)
James Dean Bradfield (Manic Street Preachers)
Ben Folds (Ben Folds (Five))
Ed Vedder (Pearl Jam)
Reply
#15

I would go with - in no particular order

1) Gord Downie
2) Eddie Vedder
3) Jim Morrison
4) Mick Jagger
5) Neil Young
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)