Posts: 344
Threads: 16
Joined: Oct 2003
Reputation:
0
Discuss here.
Anyone else going to Germany besides me?
Posts: 108
Threads: 4
Joined: Apr 2006
Reputation:
0
i work with a lot of italians, that world cup is religion to them.
they work every holiday, 12 hrs a day, when world cup soccer is on they all go home and watch in the middle of the day. so us canadians set up a tv and watched canada lose hockey at the olympics.
i am sure to see it live in europe would be fantastic.
Posts: 8,614
Threads: 451
Joined: Sep 2002
Reputation:
0
I'll be in Europe for The Hip during it... but won't be attending any games.
The Swiss guy who runs the company next door to mine just had ExpressVu installed so he could watch all the games from his office.
Posts: 437
Threads: 28
Joined: Sep 2003
Reputation:
0
I wish I could be there. I was in Germany for 6 weeks last year 'n the hype was incredible, just preparing everything for the World Cup. I have many relatives with tickets to games, but none with big enough wallets to fly my poor-student-ass out there.
Have fun!
Anthony
Posts: 5,352
Threads: 277
Joined: Jun 2004
Reputation:
0
Cant wait for the WC to start, I love it! I get my HD reciever this week too, perfect timing. I guess I have to pull for England as well, I follow the Premier League so closely I feel like I have to, I really like the players they have as well, Rooney, Lampard and Gerrard. But I'd be happy to see just about any team win, I think it would be great if a team no one expected to win was to pull it off. Basically anyone but Brazil.
Imagine a world before the "beginning was the word.”
Posts: 108
Threads: 4
Joined: Apr 2006
Reputation:
0
i am rooting for usa to knock out italy
"we're forced to bed, but we're free to dream"
Posts: 5,352
Threads: 277
Joined: Jun 2004
Reputation:
0
I think my early favorite to win it all would be Argentina, they have a fantastic team. Unfortunately for them a European team has won the World Cup everytime its been played on European soil...except Sweden 1958, when Brazil won. Spain has an amazing lineup of players, but always seems to underachieve on the big stage, Italy is always a favorite, but injuries and scandal may hold them back, especially if they go to penalty kicks..lol. I like Holland's team but they are hurting bad right now, if they get the players back they could be a force.
Imagine a world before the "beginning was the word.”
Posts: 1,209
Threads: 53
Joined: Sep 2003
Reputation:
0
Brazil looks incredibly strong. It'd be cool if the States does well.
Posts: 1,211
Threads: 99
Joined: Aug 2002
Reputation:
0
I'm over here in Poland, and suffice to say, people everywhere across this continent are ready for four weeks of excitement...naturally, my pick for match of the opening round is Germany v. Poland on the 14th...that's the beauty of the World Cup...historical tension played out between 22 men and 90 minutes...
Who are we kidding though, we all know it's Brazil's tourney t'lose...
Escape Is At Hand-Tales of a Boy and a Band due June 2013 from Eternal Cavalier Press
http://eternalcavalierpress.com
http://www.twitter.com/eternalcavpress
Posts: 1,143
Threads: 27
Joined: Jul 2004
Reputation:
0
Nehtherlands for me, since Ireland isn't in the WC again.
Ghana is my dark horse.