Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

Fort York show - Looking for good local music spots
#1

Going to the Fort York show in Toronto - if anybody here is from the area and knows of any good local music spots to check out while I'm there I would greatly appreciate it.
Reply
#2

Horseshoe is good venue
El Macombo is fun times
Best bet is to pick an entertainment paper when you get to Toronto. EYE is a really good paper for listing all the upcoming shows in the Toronto area. Also June 23rd to July 4th the Toronto jazz is happening. Really cool event with various outdoor venues & other all over the downtown region. Check out their site here:http://www.tojazz.com/

Hope that helps
Reply
#3

tragicallyphish Wrote:Horseshoe is good venue
El Macombo is fun times
Best bet is to pick an entertainment paper when you get to Toronto. EYE is a really good paper for listing all the upcoming shows in the Toronto area. Also June 23rd to July 4th the Toronto jazz is happening. Really cool event with various outdoor venues & other all over the downtown region. Check out their site here:http://www.tojazz.com/

Hope that helps

tragicallyphish has it all right!
Reply
#4

Where are you staying? What kind of music do you like?

Toronto is a huge city with a cultural diversity that is unrivalled. tragicallyphish mentioned a couple of good/common starting points.

Healey's
The 360
The Rivoli
Montreal Bistro
Grossman's
The Cameron House
The Drake
The Gladstone Hotel
The Rex

I could continue this list but I'll wait for some more details from you.

Check out eye's listing page for more info: <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://eye.net/music/concerts/#chart">http://eye.net/music/concerts/#chart</a><!-- m -->
Reply
#5

Thanks Phish

I've been to the Horseshoe before I think - by MuchMusic?
Cool place.
I'm gonna search that El Mocombo online I like that name El Mocombo!

Chris

My second favorite to the Hip is Tool so I'm kinda into the heavy genre but my music taste is very wide.
I like local up and coming acts in a venue where there is plenty of beer and boobs.

What is the premier venue for local bands? Is it the Horseshoe?
Is there a band you could recommend seeing?

Been to Toronto a few other times - Great city - I love it there - just don't know the local scene.

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction, you'll make my trip that much better.
Reply
#6

For heavier stuff, check out The Reverb. Most of the venues I listed are along/near Queen Street West. (MuchMusic is also there...)

The El Mocombo and The Horseshoe have both played host to The Hip on multiple occasions over the years; they are both considered "institutions" of the Toronto rock music scene.

I don't have any particular favourites right now as I've been a bit removed from the scene lately.
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)