Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

Ps3 Date And Price Announced!
#1

$499(us) $559 can for 20GB
$599(us) $659 can for 60GB

November 17th


also the 20gb version has NO hdmi output ,no wifi and no card slots Sad



2 million worldwide release date (which means very very few)



<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.scei.co.jp/corporate/release/pdf/060509ae.pdf">http://www.scei.co.jp/corporate/release ... 0509ae.pdf</a><!-- m -->

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.thehip.com/MyConcertStats.html?LinkID=12360571443252482_733834_744">http://www.thehip.com/MyConcertStats.ht ... 733834_744</a><!-- m -->
Reply
#2

gratts99 Wrote:$499(us) $559 can for 20GB
$599(us) $659 can for 60GB

November 17th


also the 20gb version has NO hdmi output ,no wifi and no card slots Sad



2 million worldwide release date (which means very very few)



<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.scei.co.jp/corporate/release/pdf/060509ae.pdf">http://www.scei.co.jp/corporate/release ... 0509ae.pdf</a><!-- m -->

Which means an even more expensive Christmas than this past years' XBox 360 rush...glad I am without child at this point in my life, or a gaming junkie...no disrespect Gratts or LizKing!!!
Reply
#3

ya...wait a 16 months and the prices will drop way down!
Reply
#4

I wont touch that PS3 with a ten foot pole. At least not until the price drops (probably in a couple years) and they hopefully change that boomerang/banana controller...ugh! Ive never held one obviously, but it just doesn't look like its user friendly at all, and I love the 360 controller.

But dont get me wrong, Im not a Sony hater the Ps3 will be a great system with great games and if I was swimming in money I'd definitely buy one. But for me it really comes down to games, Sony has its great games and 360 has its own, and right now I prefer what 360 is offering a whole lot more. Most of the games I play are multi-platform anyway. The games I will miss the most from Sony though are Final Fantasy, Gran Turismo and Hot Shots Golf and Metal Gear, but for $659 bucks I think Ill take a pass for now. Plus from what I've read when both systems are being fully utilized you really wont be able to tell them apart graphically, so its no big deal. Its all about what games you like to play imo.

And Goulet, none taken! :wink:

Imagine a world before the "beginning was the word.”
Reply
#5

However if youre in the market for a blu-ray player picking up the ps3 will be alot cheaper.

Blu-Ray player is $1299.99 on best buy right now, so Ps3 is a deal to movie buffs.

Thus said, I am not getting the ps3 at launch.

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.thehip.com/MyConcertStats.html?LinkID=12360571443252482_733834_744">http://www.thehip.com/MyConcertStats.ht ... 733834_744</a><!-- m -->
Reply
#6

Blu-ray will not be 1200 bucks come november. They will get there sucker money for the first 6 months at 1200.
Reply
#7

I stand corrected on the controller, apparently Sony decided to listen to the fans and changed the controller, I just wish they would have posted a pic. It sounds like a cool controller,

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://ps3.ign.com/articles/705/705836p1.html">http://ps3.ign.com/articles/705/705836p1.html</a><!-- m -->

Imagine a world before the "beginning was the word.”
Reply
#8

LizardKing51 Wrote:I stand corrected on the controller, apparently Sony decided to listen to the fans and changed the controller, I just wish they would have posted a pic. It sounds like a cool controller,

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://ps3.ign.com/articles/705/705836p1.html">http://ps3.ign.com/articles/705/705836p1.html</a><!-- m -->
[Image: ps3_black_top.jpg]

"We're forced to bed, but we're free to dream"
Dana
Reply
#9

From that pic it looks exactly the same as before, Im surprised. Its still a big improvement over the banana..
[Image: ps3_f.jpg]

Imagine a world before the "beginning was the word.”
Reply
#10

Damn - chaeck out this cool trailer from Motor Storm for PS3.

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.break.com/index/ps3_motorstorm.html">http://www.break.com/index/ps3_motorstorm.html</a><!-- m -->

"We're forced to bed, but we're free to dream"
Dana
Reply
#11

Tthip Wrote:Damn - chaeck out this cool trailer from Motor Storm for PS3.

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.break.com/index/ps3_motorstorm.html">http://www.break.com/index/ps3_motorstorm.html</a><!-- m -->

From the small percentage of game play it does look very good.

I need 2 Kingston Tickets, please help.
Reply
#12

Looks like Sony is dropping the price of the PS3 by $100 immediately:

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.usatoday.com/tech/gaming/2007-07-09-playstation-price_N.htm">http://www.usatoday.com/tech/gaming/200 ... rice_N.htm</a><!-- m -->

"We're forced to bed, but we're free to dream"
Dana
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)