Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

Congrats Steve Nash
#1

2 time MVP!

Only Nash and Magic Johnson have been awards the MVP awards in 2 consecutive season.

On a side note, I have no idea why I have this picture in my 'My Pictures' folder and I have no idea who this guy is? Weird...

I need 2 Kingston Tickets, please help.
Reply
#2

i thought i heard that nash was the 9th guy to win it back to back...bird, jordan, wilt the stilt and others i cant think of....nash and magic are the only point guards to win it back to back though

7/17/95-Craven
11/18/96-Saskatoon
7/21/97-Saskatoon
9/16/00-Winnipeg
11/24/00-Red Deer
07/14/02-Camrose
9/26/02-Edmonton
9/27/02-Edmonton
8/1/03-Kelowna
6/22/04-Edmonton
11/17/04-Edmonton
11/20/04-Saskatoon
10/28/06-Calgary
1/19/07-Regina
7/18/07-Saskatoon
6/22/08-Calgary
8/4/09-Saskatoon
9/14/09-Edmonton
9/19/09-Banff
7/14/11-Edmonton
1/23/13-Edmonton
7/6/13-Saskatoon
10/10/15-Houston
7/28/16-Edmonton
7/30/16-Edmonton
8/01/16-Calgary
Reply
#3

That sounds right, my bad

I need 2 Kingston Tickets, please help.
Reply
#4

mrlayance Wrote:On a side note, I have no idea why I have this picture in my 'My Pictures' folder and I have no idea who this guy is? Weird...

"Hey ma, look what i found. The top 2 scorers from the Mavericks. Can I keep them?"

"No dear, we can only afford to feed Dirk.... send Stevie somewhere else".


I don't follow basketball all that much but I'm happy for Nash, and happy that some humble low key person won it and not a gigantic ego like Kobe.
Reply
#5

Nash wouldn't have got my vote, he probably would have been third.
Saying that, good on him, he probably appreciates it more than the two guys I would have voted ahead of him (LeBron and Kobe) who appear more concerned with legacy than anything else.

That's not fair, maybe that's true with Kobe, but it's impossible to tell with LeBron.

Good on Nash.
Reply
#6

the only two people who deserved the award this year were Nash or Dirk, and i think that Nash was the right choice, he makes his entire team better, and helps them elevate their game...Kobe is a glorified Ball-Hog...Lebron's amazing, but he hasn't played his best season yet IMO, he'll be MVP someday, but maybe not for a couple of years still.
Reply
#7

The Darkest Canuck Wrote:Kobe is a glorified Ball-Hog

I agree, and he's a dick too. Nice to see someone stand up to him last series. He thinks he can play however he wants, and the sad thing is he can. The refs let him get away with everything. If other players had that kind of immunity maybe they would stand out as much as him. BTW congrats Steve, your second consecutive MVP is well deserved. Just becuase he doesn't score as many points as Kobe or Lebron doesn't mean he's undeserving. His playmaking skills are the reason the other players on the Suns are as good as they are and the reason the Suns in general are as good as they are.
Reply
#8

Nash deserved it totally. He increased his scoring numbers, and still averaged 10.5 assists a game. And this was all without Amare Stoudemire.

The race should have been closer though. You can say that Kobe is a ball hog, but does Phil Jackson have any problem with that? He's probably the most talented player in the league, and if your coach is telling you to shoot, you do just that. You can't forget that he averaged over THIRTY-FIVE points a game. Putting up Jordan type numbers and taking a lottery team into the playoffs is a bigger accomplishment than most people realize. Since aside from Lamar Odom, the Lakers are pretty weak.

Other considerations were Lebron, Dirk, and Chauncey Billups.

Lebron is putting absolutely mind blowing stats for a 21 year old. I can't say that enough. 31.4 points, 7 rebounds, and 6.6 assists a game is so hard to comprehend for someone so young. If he wasn't in the NBA right now, he would only be a Junior in college.

As for Dirk, he played outstanding basketball all year, but you cannot choose him over players like Kobe or Lebron, because he basically played the same role on a team with more depth. Put Lebron or Kobe on the Mavs and they are in the same playoff spot if not higher.

And last, Chauncey. Out of the 5 I mentioned, I think Billups deserves the least recognition. Sure, he's immensly talented, and the Pistons are one of the better teams in NBA history, but why do people always have to take the best player from the best team and make him seem better than he is? Why can't we all just agree that he's a great player on a great team? Because thats exactly what he is.

My two cents
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)