Posts: 6,734
Threads: 665
Joined: Jun 2002
Reputation:
0
Want to hear a funny story?
I swear to god it is true.
My wife and I went to the hospital very early Saturday morning.
We get admitted, and go to her room.
I get her comfortable in her bed.
I walk over to the radio and turn it on.
The Hip is playing - I think "cool"
The first lyrics I hear are "let me out", just as the song is building to its rocking climax.
Let me out, let me out - LET ME OUT!!!!
9 hours later - my son Andrew is born.
"We're forced to bed, but we're free to dream"
Dana
Posts: 2,144
Threads: 97
Joined: Jun 2003
Reputation:
0
sweet! Congrats! :thumb: :thumb:
Posts: 1,212
Threads: 16
Joined: Jan 2006
Reputation:
0
That's awesome! Congratulations. I don't find many people who can tie the Hip in with the birth of a son...you're truly blessed! :mrgreen: :thumb:
Posts: 653
Threads: 16
Joined: Jun 2005
Reputation:
0
Great news. You just make sure you give the little guy a regular diet of Hip.
Posts: 791
Threads: 140
Joined: Jul 2002
Reputation:
0
Congratulations, my friend!
Does it seem that a lot of Hipbasers have/are having children??... look at us... we aw growed up!
Rory
Halifax
Posts: 1,708
Threads: 100
Joined: Jul 2004
Reputation:
0
What a great story!
Congratulations :thumb:
Posts: 1,242
Threads: 56
Joined: Nov 2002
Reputation:
0
Nice work, congratulations.
Posts: 162
Threads: 8
Joined: Feb 2005
Reputation:
0
Congrats, thats an awesome story!
~Will.
Posts: 5,352
Threads: 277
Joined: Jun 2004
Reputation:
0
That's a great story Dana, congratulations!
:thumb: :thumb:
Imagine a world before the "beginning was the word.”
Posts: 510
Threads: 12
Joined: Apr 2004
Reputation:
0
I have learnt that asking your in labour wife to try and scream quieter as I can't hear the album doesn't seem as funny out loud as it does in my head.
For son number 2 it was far too quick, but ideally for child number three, due in August (I really need to find out what is causing these children things...), there might be the slightest possibility of some new songs...
D
Still picking up the elderly from the floor, still dealing with the drunks, now wrestling seals and posting it on twitter.. @richardilderton
'Whoops' is not a word the patient wants to hear...apparently
Posts: 1,593
Threads: 154
Joined: Jun 2002
Reputation:
0
congrats dana
enjoy you sleep while you can
Ron
Posts: 342
Threads: 28
Joined: Nov 2005
Reputation:
0
Soooooo happy for you both & the story was fantastic.
I second pictures being posted! Congrats again! :thumb: