Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

MAv - What IS up with the new album?
#1

Hello, MAv...
OK - we have had no updates lately.

The Last we saw of them was about a month ago recording in Toronto with Bob Rock.
And all we got were pictures from TheHip.com.

I kinda assume the album will be released in August.
Why do I assume - yes - because I AM an ass.

So what is going on?
How are the jams going?
What do we get on the summer dates?
Songs in progress and almost complete like another Roadside from 1998, and New Years in 2000?
Or do we actually get finalized songs from the album?

How far along are they?

Are they "trying out" some songs on the summer dates to see if they fit?
Are they songs in progress like the old days when in concert they would play new songs to see if the stick like before the release of Day For Night and Trouble At The Henhouse?

Come on MAv, we need an update.

Like the old days when we got emails saying:
"Hey, how ya doing? We are in the studio now recording some kick ass songs - and we plan on mastering in the next couple of weeks?
Das Hip."

Hi MAv, - so um, what is going on?

"We're forced to bed, but we're free to dream"
Dana
Reply
#2

Tthip Wrote:Hello, MAv...
OK - we have had no updates lately.

The Last we saw of them was about a month ago recording in Toronto with Bob Rock.
And all we got were pictures from TheHip.com.

I kinda assume the album will be released in August.
Why do I assume - yes - because I AM an ass.

So what is going on?
How are the jams going?
What do we get on the summer dates?
Songs in progress and almost complete like another Roadside from 1998, and New Years in 2000?
Or do we actually get finalized songs from the album?

How far along are they?

Are they "trying out" some songs on the summer dates to see if they fit?
Are they songs in progress like the old days when in concert they would play new songs to see if the stick like before the release of Day For Night and Trouble At The Henhouse?

Come on MAv, we need an update.

Like the old days when we got emails saying:
"Hey, how ya doing? We are in the studio now recording some kick ass songs - and we plan on mastering in the next couple of weeks?
Das Hip."

Hi MAv, - so um, what is going on?

Maybe they are keeping MAv in an airtight box because they know he will let us in on what's going on in the studio. I believe that MAv can really only tell us what the band allows him to see so if they haven't had him around, then maybe he doesn't know anything? That or they have specifically told him that mum's the word...

I agree though I wish the Hip would get back to some of their old habits and give us some more regular updates on what is happening. There are other bands that actually keep diaries and stuff from the studio and let the fans read about the development of the songs. I thought that with the advent of MAv's new position we might get something like that this time around. Guess not... Cry

I am praying that "no news is good news" in that the album is done; they are mastering it now; and it will be out the week before the Toronto shows.

Hey, a guy can have some positive thoughts right? :?
Reply
#3

Like Mav said once upon a time, he'd give us the goods when he knows or when the boys give me the ok to do so, If he does know anything,don't you trust that he'd share that with us? I'm sure he's not sitting there saying, ah they can wait another week to hear this news. All I know is thats its coming soon.....Early May I'd say we'll hear some juicy news.

I will not give up. My face is set,my gait is fast,my goal is heaven,my road is narrow,my way is rough,my companions are few,my guide is reliable,my mission is clear. I cannot be bought,compromised,detoured,lured away,turned back,diluted or delayed. I will not flinch in the face of sacrifice,hesitate in the presence of adversity,negotiate at the table of the enemy,ponder at the pool of popularity,or meander in the maze of mediocrity. I will not give up,shut up or slow down....Blessed Be!
Reply
#4

Just like the next fan, I want an update and am anxious for more music, but we need to balance the lack of updates the way it used to be, with all of the great stuff that we now have.

It's a tricky situation we're in; MAv opened this door to the band for us, but at the same time, he's got to play gatekeeper and keep us at a distance.

That said, I think a status update is due. Maybe even a sample of a new track or two...
Reply
#5

I'd settle for a 3 second song clip at this point..The Hip is like drugs and I need a new hit BAD!!!!!!!! And MAv is the dealer.

Come on MAv you got the good stuff dont ya, just a sample is all! Just tell me where to meet you for the pickup.

Big Grin

Imagine a world before the "beginning was the word.”
Reply
#6

chris Wrote:MAv opened this door to the band for us, but at the same time, he's got to play gatekeeper and keep us at a distance

Couldn't have said it any better....thanks CC.

This fact sometimes is lost upon some (including myself). If one keeps with this persepective, it's easy to be patient.

Whenever MAv lets us know is fine by me. We're just lucky to have someone on the inside like him.
Reply
#7

Well said TLB.....I'm as pumped as the rest, but I have every faith in MAv that he'll tell us what he can, WHEN he can....
Reply
#8

I'll continue to stick with my traditional philosophy regarding new-album anticipation:

When the album drops, I'll go buy it.

Hasn't failed me yet! :thumb:
Reply
#9

LizardKing51 Wrote:The Hip is like drugs and I need a new hit BAD!!!!!!!!
Come on MAv you got the good stuff dont ya, just a sample is all!

(In my best J. Peterman impression) Not on my watch! I'll not have you turn this board into a den of iniquity!

Jeff

June 21, 2003 Toronto, ON: SkyDome
July 1, 2004 Toronto, ON: Molson Amphitheatre
November 26, 2004 Toronto, ON: Air Canada Centre
June 24, 2006 Toronto, ON: Historic Fort York
May 10, 2007 Indianapolis, IN: The Vogue
July 14, 2011 Edmonton, AB: Northlands Festival Site
June 30, 2012 Niagara-on-the-Lake, ON: The Commons at Butler's Barracks
January 23, 2013 Edmonton, AB: Rexall Place
July 28, 2016 Edmonton, AB: Rexall Place
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)