Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

Some Questions Related To The Hip.
#1

Hello, My name is Amber, I'm new. I'm in my first year in Jr.High and i was assigned a project to do. I'm doing mine on The Hip. Yay! :mrgreen: I've been listening to their music for quite a while now, I've never really looked up A Biography or anything on them. I'm doing fine on my project except for the fact that i can not find a biography on each band member rather than on the whole band. Does anyone know any links or any bits of information on just the band members seperatly?

Sorry i didn't know where to post this.
Thanks. -Amber-
Reply
#2

Hey Amber, Welcome to the Base! It's good to see young Hip fans infulenced enough by the Hip's music to do a school project on them. In regards to your question, there was a recent thread that explained which University degrees each of the boys obtained, maybe you could put that in your project. I'm sure other Hipbase members will attempt to post some other helpful tidbits for you, just make sure it is a credible source (like MAv., Chris Chris, or Stephen Dame), that will give you the info you will use for the project.

P.S. Are you a member of Rob Baker's family tree in any way, shape or form? Or do you just have a wicked high-school crush on Rob? Just wondering since you are from Kingston and all...
Reply
#3

You could also try Wikipedia for individual band member info. Here is what came up when I searched for Gord Downie

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gord_Downie

Good luck on your assignment :thumb:
Reply
#4

Holy crap! I have the same birthday as Gord Downie. Well, he's 4 yrs older than me but other than that...

Welcome to the site, Amber!
Reply
#5

Welcome to the site Amber. If you have some specific questions you want answered, post them, and we'll definitely do what we can to help you out (as long as you're not attending Frontenac! :rambo: )

As srb posted, WikiPedia is a good start...
Reply
#6

Amber, you have one of the best last names EVER.

Next to Bonner.

2004-12-03 - Saint John/2005-09-03 - Moncton/2006-06-30 - Charlottetown/2006-11-09/10 - Montreal/2007-09-11 - Fredericton/2007-09-13 - Halifax/2007-09-14 - Sydney/2007-09-15 - Charlottetown/2008-06-30 - Charlottetown/2009-05-01/02 - Montreal/2011-06-28 - Moncton/2011-06-30 - Charlottetown/2012-06-30 - Niagara-on-the-Lake/2013-02-01 - Moncton/2013-02-02 - Halifax/2015-01-10 - Toronto/2015-02-20 - Montreal/2015-07-17 - Ottawa/2016-08-18 - Ottawa/2016-08-20 - Kingston
Reply
#7

Shane Kroeker Wrote:P.S. Are you a member of Rob Baker's family tree in any way, shape or form? Or do you just have a wicked high-school crush on Rob? Just wondering since you are from Kingston and all...

The Base doesn't have any members with a crush on Robbie does it? Big Grin

Jeff

June 21, 2003 Toronto, ON: SkyDome
July 1, 2004 Toronto, ON: Molson Amphitheatre
November 26, 2004 Toronto, ON: Air Canada Centre
June 24, 2006 Toronto, ON: Historic Fort York
May 10, 2007 Indianapolis, IN: The Vogue
July 14, 2011 Edmonton, AB: Northlands Festival Site
June 30, 2012 Niagara-on-the-Lake, ON: The Commons at Butler's Barracks
January 23, 2013 Edmonton, AB: Rexall Place
July 28, 2016 Edmonton, AB: Rexall Place
Reply
#8

fingernailsonhull Wrote:
Shane Kroeker Wrote:P.S. Are you a member of Rob Baker's family tree in any way, shape or form? Or do you just have a wicked high-school crush on Rob? Just wondering since you are from Kingston and all...

The Base doesn't have any members with a crush on Robbie does it? Big Grin

Nobody comes to mind off the top of my head Big Grin Besides, why have a crush on Robbie when Paul can kick your ass? :lol:
Reply
#9

Hi Amber! Welcome! I hope you let us know how your project goes!

To quote HotMetal401 from another thread, here is what he said about the boys and their graduate status:

Quote:He [Gord D.] was a film major at Queen's. Sinclair was history (with Hugh Dilon from the Headstones) and Robby was fine arts. I think (not entirely sure), but I think Sinclair is the only one who graduated. In "Have Not Been the Same" GD says something to the extent of, "by the third year I still had a student card and eventually paid my tuition."

I think Sinclair was Arts 84 and Bobby and Gord Arts 85. It said so in an old Queen's Journal article written around 1985 on the boys.

Cheers,

Pat

Good luck!
Reply
#10

Man-Sized Eldorado Wrote:Hi Amber! Welcome! I hope you let us know how your project goes!

To quote HotMetal401 from another thread, here is what he said about the boys and their graduate status:

Quote:He [Gord D.] was a film major at Queen's. Sinclair was history (with Hugh Dilon from the Headstones) and Robby was fine arts. I think (not entirely sure), but I think Sinclair is the only one who graduated. In "Have Not Been the Same" GD says something to the extent of, "by the third year I still had a student card and eventually paid my tuition."

I think Sinclair was Arts 84 and Bobby and Gord Arts 85. It said so in an old Queen's Journal article written around 1985 on the boys.

You forgot about Paul. If I remember correctly, he was a journalism student at Carleton University in Ottawa before he joined the Hip. Not sure if he graduated or not.
Reply
#11

Paul - Masters Degree in Ass Kicking
Gord - Masters with Honours in Microphone wrestling.
Gord S - Diploma in Bobble Head impressionism
Johnny - Dropped out but smooth talked the teacher into graduating
Bobby - Doctorite in high fashion, with an undergrad in hair shaking

:lol:
Reply
#12

Shane Kroeker Wrote:Hey Amber, Welcome to the Base! It's good to see young Hip fans infulenced enough by the Hip's music to do a school project on them. In regards to your question, there was a recent thread that explained which University degrees each of the boys obtained, maybe you could put that in your project. I'm sure other Hipbase members will attempt to post some other helpful tidbits for you, just make sure it is a credible source (like MAv., Chris Chris, or Stephen Dame), that will give you the info you will use for the project.

P.S. Are you a member of Rob Baker's family tree in any way, shape or form? Or do you just have a wicked high-school crush on Rob? Just wondering since you are from Kingston and all...

Yesh I am apart of his family one way or another. I have the last name Baker so it means i am i guess. ...



Anywho Thanks ya'll for the help. If i have any questions i'll ask. :jump
Reply
#13

You should put in your project that Gord Sinclair is always making sweet love to his bass during a song.

Whenever he's just jammin', it's just a slow grinding motion. But, when the song is really rockin', he goes to straight out doggy style! :thumb: :lol: :thumb:

Check it out yourself
Reply
#14

MountainHip Wrote:Paul - Masters Degree in Ass Kicking
Gord - Masters with Honours in Microphone wrestling.
Gord S - Diploma in Bobble Head impressionism
Johnny - Dropped out but smooth talked the teacher into graduating
Bobby - Doctorite in high fashion, with an undergrad in hair shaking

:lol:
This is one of the "lesser-credible" sources I was referring to. Tongue
Unless your paper is for clown college, you may want to exclude this information. :lol:
Reply
#15

MountainHip Wrote:Paul - Masters Degree in Ass Kickingand still looking cool with a mullet
Gord - Masters with Honours in Microphone wrestling.and excessive sweating
Gord S - Diploma in Bobble Head impressionismand groovy bass beats
Johnny - Dropped out but smooth talked the teacher into graduatingand being the only single/free-of-responsibilities bandmember(unless things have changed)
Bobby - Doctorite in high fashion, with an undergrad in hair shaking, don't forget looking like Jesus

:lol:
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)