Posts: 1,242
Threads: 56
Joined: Nov 2002
Reputation:
0
Mine would be "Soup" by Blind Melon.
It's a shame that most people think of them as nothing more than that band with that catchy song and the Bee-girl video. Having only put 2 studio albums out, and 1 album of extras after Shannon Hoon died, I can easily say they are right up there in my top 5 favorite bands. Soup is hard to describe because it is all over the place musically. Let me just say it is music with such depth, heart, soul and intelligence. I listened to it again on the weekend and as per usual, it filled me with such overwhelming emotion.
It's a treat for sure.
Posts: 1,593
Threads: 154
Joined: Jun 2002
Reputation:
0
soup is such a great cd i love galaxie and his voice is haunting wish he was still making music much like i wish jeff buckley and layne staley was still alive
Ron
Posts: 3,827
Threads: 363
Joined: Oct 2002
Reputation:
0
i've often said that "soup" is one of the most overlooked cd's of all time..from start to finish that cd is fucking brilliant...that would be in my list of "you have to hear this cd"...
Posts: 1,593
Threads: 154
Joined: Jun 2002
Reputation:
0
i agree with you choice in jeff buckleys grace but you have to get jeff buckley's live at sin-e recorded before grace came out in a little coffee shop in nyc just jeff w/ an electric guitar it is just killer for anyone who likes this artist .
Posts: 198
Threads: 13
Joined: May 2004
Reputation:
0
I agree.
or Sketches For My Sweetheart The Drunk.
pretty much anything that is out there documenting his all too short career, I recommend
Posts: 6,675
Threads: 359
Joined: Mar 2004
Reputation:
0
The Weakerthans- Left & Leaving
Posts: 913
Threads: 58
Joined: Feb 2004
Reputation:
0
The song "Soup" by Blind Melon was awesome. Especially the woodstock version, gives me goosebumps.
Posts: 3,777
Threads: 62
Joined: May 2004
Reputation:
0
I'd love to branch out and name a different band than the Hip but if I had to recommend one album to someone it would have to be "Day for Night".
Posts: 2,092
Threads: 39
Joined: Dec 2004
Reputation:
0
Close to the Edge, by Yes
Posts: 131
Threads: 2
Joined: Dec 2004
Reputation:
0
I'm not sure if the gang around these parts would be into it, but if anyone has even a passing interest in the industrial-genre of music, the self-titled album by Prick is amazing. Easily one of my favorite albums ever, and most no one has ever really heard of it. The album was *I think* produced by Trent Reznor from NIN and the lyrics are genius, the beats are catchy, and Kevin McMahon has an incredibly unique voice.
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000001Y6C/ref=m_art_li_1/102-8063167-3510560?s=music&v=glance&n=5174">http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00000 ... nce&n=5174</a><!-- m -->
Posts: 5,352
Threads: 277
Joined: Jun 2004
Reputation:
0
Wow, its almost impossible to name just one! Here's an all-time favorite of mine that I think most any rock fan would enjoy..
Imagine a world before the "beginning was the word.”
Posts: 171
Threads: 27
Joined: Jan 2006
Reputation:
0
Clutch......."Blast Tyrant"
or.....shit,
Kenny Wayne Shepherd......"Live On"
Posts: 25
Threads: 0
Joined: Aug 2004
Reputation:
0
Komeda - What Makes it Go
Easily the most underated band of all time. There I said it.