Posts: 791
Threads: 140
Joined: Jul 2002
Reputation:
0
It was done in 1991. That was the last time.
Rory
Halifax
Posts: 8,614
Threads: 451
Joined: Sep 2002
Reputation:
0
It wasn't a regular part of their repetoire... but a soundboard recording of it was included on the Nautical Disaster CD single, and it's notoriety and popularity soared after its inclusion on radio playlists across the country.
Posts: 8,614
Threads: 451
Joined: Sep 2002
Reputation:
0
Hmmm... I listened to my single this morning, and it has Killerwhaletank on it... When I get home tonight I'll double check that I took the CD out of the right case.
Posts: 6,734
Threads: 665
Joined: Jun 2002
Reputation:
0
Oh-No. I smell a fight a brewing.
The FAQ for Hipbase says this:
KWT is on the B-Side of the Long Time Running single.
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://hipbase.com/faq/index.php?p=all#a16">http://hipbase.com/faq/index.php?p=all#a16</a><!-- m -->
"We're forced to bed, but we're free to dream"
Dana
Posts: 510
Threads: 12
Joined: Apr 2004
Reputation:
0
Dare I mention the UK 12" version of 'Locked'?
D
(under the table in case it all kicks off)
Still picking up the elderly from the floor, still dealing with the drunks, now wrestling seals and posting it on twitter.. @richardilderton
'Whoops' is not a word the patient wants to hear...apparently
Posts: 8,614
Threads: 451
Joined: Sep 2002
Reputation:
0
It looks like the KWT version is available on more than one album...
Nautical Disaster single (pending confirmation)
Long Time Running single
Locked In The Boot 12" single
Twist My Arm promo
Cordelia EP
Either way, I think that this helps explain the popularity of this rant.
Posts: 680
Threads: 34
Joined: Dec 2004
Reputation:
0
my nautical single is nois with fire/nautical in the middle, not killerwhale tank...
Posts: 593
Threads: 32
Joined: Jan 2006
Reputation:
0
"I had a job before this, it was that job that lead me into this"
God I need to get a copy of this again. priceless
Posts: 46
Threads: 1
Joined: Jul 2002
Reputation:
0
I love the Killer Whale Tank version and was glad to get it from Napster back in the good ole Napster days...
I first saw The Hip in Philly in '91 and Gord did a rant in the middle of New O saying something like...
"I had a job before this....I was a, I was a...a vibrator. I was all pink and prickly and people used me for pleasure..."
My friends & I had never seen The Hip before and our jaws dropped... Anyone ever hear Gord rant like that or was it a 1 night rant?
Posts: 690
Threads: 16
Joined: Aug 2003
Reputation:
0
For anyone interested, specifically newer members, I have an ongoing "Get The Hip" initiative running at
Scottitude.Net.
NOIS - "Killerwhaletank" and Highway Girl - "Double Suicide" are both currently available for download or listening. I'll be offering more choice live and unreleased tracks regularly.
~Scott
1995-04-07 Toledo | 1996-06-29 Toledo | 1996-11-23 Detroit | 1998-08-22 Toledo | 1999-02-12 Auburn Hills |
1999-05-05 Grand Rapids | 1999-07-31 Clarkston | 1999-12-31 Toronto | 2000-01-01 Toronto |
2000-06-14 Pontiac | 2000-07-15 Clarkston | 2000-12-02 Detroit | 2002-08-31 Clarkston |
2004-09-18 Detroit | 2007-04-12 Detroit | 2009-05-29 Detroit | 2012-11-28 Detroit | 2016-08-08 London | 2016-08-16 Hamilton