Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

CD ripping
#1

What does everyone here use for ripping CDs? Is Media player ok, or should I upgrade to something better. I'm using the files for my IPOD, as well as my MP3 deck in my car and home use....
Reply
#2

aaronck Wrote:What does everyone here use for ripping CDs? Is Media player ok, or should I upgrade to something better. I'm using the files for my IPOD, as well as my MP3 deck in my car and home use....
iTunes is great for ripping audio to your computer in a full range of file types: MP3, AIFF, WAV or AAC.
Reply
#3

chris Wrote:iTunes is great for ripping audio to your computer in a full range of file types: MP3, AIFF, WAV or AAC.

This Chris agrees with that Chris. iTunes is the way to go. Lots 'o options.
Reply
#4

I'm another one who likes iTunes.
Reply
#5

i use Exact Audio Copy. free and super easy to us.
Reply
#6

I use MusicMatch Jukebox. As far as I know, it will only rip into MP3 format, but the interface is very easy to navigate and I don't have any complaints.

Jeff

June 21, 2003 Toronto, ON: SkyDome
July 1, 2004 Toronto, ON: Molson Amphitheatre
November 26, 2004 Toronto, ON: Air Canada Centre
June 24, 2006 Toronto, ON: Historic Fort York
May 10, 2007 Indianapolis, IN: The Vogue
July 14, 2011 Edmonton, AB: Northlands Festival Site
June 30, 2012 Niagara-on-the-Lake, ON: The Commons at Butler's Barracks
January 23, 2013 Edmonton, AB: Rexall Place
July 28, 2016 Edmonton, AB: Rexall Place
Reply
#7

wow cool i didnt know itunes could 'rip' cd's to pc, thanks!!

that'll help me a lot since sometimes i use media player (wma files) and a lot of the time they dont seem to transfer to itunes/mp3 for my mini

on a sidenote : does using the itunes 'visualizer' slow down yer pc's? seems to slow down mine, maybe im just paranoid
Reply
#8

kleh Wrote:wow cool i didnt know itunes could 'rip' cd's to pc, thanks!!

that'll help me a lot since sometimes i use media player (wma files) and a lot of the time they dont seem to transfer to itunes/mp3 for my mini

on a sidenote : does using the itunes 'visualizer' slow down yer pc's? seems to slow down mine, maybe im just paranoid
Each process that you add will slow down your computer slightly. Highly processor intensive actions like a visualizer will slow your computer drastically... especially if you have a lower "power" video card.

iTunes refers to it as importing, not ripping, so check your preferences for importing, and you can change the format that it imports in. :thumb:
Reply
#9

kleh Wrote:that'll help me a lot since sometimes i use media player (wma files) and a lot of the time they dont seem to transfer to itunes/mp3 for my mini
Easy solution to that problem: Just set up windows media player so it rips into mp3 instead of .wma. Then the files will trasnfer into iTunes alot faster.

Imagine a world before the "beginning was the word.”
Reply
#10

awesome, thanks for the tips guys, much appreciated
Reply
#11

what do you guys rip cd's to? 192 kpbs? or higher?
192 sounds pretty good, i know the higher the better, but more space is taken, just got an iPod today,pretty happy about my purchase, was debating it for a while, finally decided to get one, now the thought of having 1000 songs at my disposal when going to work is pretty cool
Reply
#12

habsfan19 Wrote:what do you guys rip cd's to? 192 kpbs? or higher?
192 sounds pretty good, i know the higher the better, but more space is taken, just got an iPod today,pretty happy about my purchase, was debating it for a while, finally decided to get one, now the thought of having 1000 songs at my disposal when going to work is pretty cool
I usually shoot for 192 when I rip stuff for my car (CD player plays MP3s from CD), but I am cool with 128 for my iPod.
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)