Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

My Cover of Bobcaygeon (UPDATED)
#1

I reorded this about a month ago on my really crappy computer mic. Turned out pretty well though, I think. I decided to harmonize my voice, which sounds kinda cool. Let me know what you think!

Download here UPDATED:

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://s60.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=3BJSOSRXGTAOI0O1Q8R4FAEJ5J">http://s60.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=3BJS ... Q8R4FAEJ5J</a><!-- m -->


Also, anyone else with covers of Hip songs, post em!

-Roy
Reply
#2

wow that sounds pretty good, who's that singing back up?
Reply
#3

Cool stuff! Thanks for sharing.

And that's one hell of a "crappy computer mic" to sound that good.
Reply
#4

NO doubt, your little mic rocks :thumb: And great job on BobC! Can you do me Let's Stay Engaged?

I will not give up. My face is set,my gait is fast,my goal is heaven,my road is narrow,my way is rough,my companions are few,my guide is reliable,my mission is clear. I cannot be bought,compromised,detoured,lured away,turned back,diluted or delayed. I will not flinch in the face of sacrifice,hesitate in the presence of adversity,negotiate at the table of the enemy,ponder at the pool of popularity,or meander in the maze of mediocrity. I will not give up,shut up or slow down....Blessed Be!
Reply
#5

emperor penguin Wrote:wow that sounds pretty good, who's that singing back up?

Haha, that's also me doing back up!
Reply
#6

Summiteer Wrote:NO doubt, your little mic rocks :thumb: And great job on BobC! Can you do me Let's Stay Engaged?

I'll have to try to learn it, seems like it would be a pretty cool song to play.


Here's another cover I recorded today, it's Casimir Pulaski Day by Sufjan Stevens.

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://s48.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2JSF56EACDFBG30PRBP8SXI4QH">http://s48.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2JSF ... RBP8SXI4QH</a><!-- m -->
Reply
#7

Great job on Bobcaygeon :thumb:

Just curious, has anyone ever tried to compile a cd of Hipbasers covering the Hip's tunes before?

That could be a fun project...
Reply
#8

That sounds great! Nice guitar work.
Reply
#9

Wow! You good sir, are awesome. The one guy in each earphone thing kind of freaked me out, though.

srb Wrote:Great job on Bobcaygeon :thumb:

Just curious, has anyone ever tried to compile a cd of Hipbasers covering the Hip's tunes before?

That could be a fun project...

I'd be totally in for this...although my vocals suck. I actually have covers of "the Wherewithal" and "Fiddler's Green" somewhere on my hardrive, come to think of it...
Reply
#10

thats pretty good rendition of BobC, link up some more covers.
Reply
#11

Very cool. In the immortal words of Tom Petty: "Your gunna put [them] out-of a job man..."
Reply
#12

srb Wrote:Great job on Bobcaygeon :thumb:

Just curious, has anyone ever tried to compile a cd of Hipbasers covering the Hip's tunes before?

That could be a fun project...
We should organize something like that... I can do acoustic covers of Wheat Kings and Fiddler's Green passably... And Northern Wind, which I end up playing slightly different than they do....

As for the song posted, it sounds really nice. Well done!
Reply
#13

The link expired , could you post it again somewhere ?
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)