Posts: 1,515
Threads: 125
Joined: Feb 2004
Reputation:
0
Listening to 97.7 a few minutes ago, the DJ was reading a press release..a Majour band has broken up...
The Tea Party.
RIP.
Posts: 5,352
Threads: 277
Joined: Jun 2004
Reputation:
0
Thats sucks. Ive had some good memories of that band, lots of great concerts. There last album was fantastic imo. Im surprised at this, I dont know the details at this point of why they broke up, but I wish them well.
Imagine a world before the "beginning was the word.”
Posts: 980
Threads: 86
Joined: Nov 2002
Reputation:
0

hock:
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.thehip.com/MyConcertStats.html?LinkID=12360571443252482_733834_744">http://www.thehip.com/MyConcertStats.ht ... 733834_744</a><!-- m -->
Posts: 346
Threads: 18
Joined: Jun 2004
Reputation:
0
I had heard about this for a while...
Posts: 6,675
Threads: 359
Joined: Mar 2004
Reputation:
0
They weren't always my cup of tea, and I think I only owned one of their records, but their live show was freakin' amazing. All three of 'em are incredibly talented guys. Rock fans in Australia must be upset over this news as well. Apparently they were just as popular down under as they were in Canada.
Posts: 3,827
Threads: 363
Joined: Oct 2002
Reputation:
0
that really is a shame..i have all their cd's, they put on a great..no..FUCKING great show, and i had the chance to meet them a couple of times, and they're really cool guys...
Posts: 1,143
Threads: 27
Joined: Jul 2004
Reputation:
0
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://jam.canoe.ca/Music/Artists/T/Tea_Party/2005/10/18/1267758-ca.html">http://jam.canoe.ca/Music/Artists/T/Tea ... 58-ca.html</a><!-- m -->
Posts: 1,143
Threads: 27
Joined: Jul 2004
Reputation:
0
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://jam.canoe.ca/Music/Artists/T/Tea_Party/2005/10/18/1267758-ca.html">http://jam.canoe.ca/Music/Artists/T/Tea ... 58-ca.html</a><!-- m -->
Posts: 5,352
Threads: 277
Joined: Jun 2004
Reputation:
0
NMAS Wrote:http://jam.canoe.ca/Music/Artists/T/Tea_...58-ca.html
Well, good luck to Jeff Martin with his solo album. I look forward to hearing it. At least he said there's a possibility of getting back together. I was hoping to see them live again.
Imagine a world before the "beginning was the word.”
Posts: 3,777
Threads: 62
Joined: May 2004
Reputation:
0
I was just about to see them live but they abruptly cancelled their tour. I guess now we all know why they cancelled. Oh well, life goes on.
Posts: 3,220
Threads: 297
Joined: Mar 2004
Reputation:
0
I went to see them reluctantly in 2000 with a girlfriend who was in love with their Jim Morrison lead singer, and they really impressed me.
Busted out all sorts of exotic instruments, took the time to converse and speak to the crowd, really rocked out their hits, and damn it if it didn't feel like their lead singer was singing right at me.
He had this intense way of staring into the crowd while he sung, sometimes maintaining eye contact with people until it became uncomfortable... a bunch of people mentioned this on the way out.
So those are my memories of The Tea Party... oh, and during that Rolling Stones SARS show in 2003, Ralph Benmergi approched them backstage and said on live TV: "We need to introduce you guys, so go ahead and tell the people who you are!" Jim Morrison took it the wrong way (not realizing that Ralph "needed" to intro every band) and assumed he was saying "nobody knows who you are." He recoiled, gave Ralph a look, said: "really, are you kidding me?" and stood there as Ralph nearly died of silence, dead-air and awkwardness. It was great.
Posts: 1,172
Threads: 49
Joined: Jul 2004
Reputation:
0
I heard that Jeff Martin was the furthest thing from a good guy...a friend of mine played in a band which toured with them in the late 90's and he said the only time he talked to the band was on one occasion when he stormed into their bus asked if anyone had any heroin (of all things) and when he received the bad news...he turned around and stormed out.
See ya later Jeff...I will not be purchasing your solo cd.
Goulet!!!
Posts: 1,623
Threads: 107
Joined: Mar 2004
Reputation:
0
i met them a few months ago and actually got to go on their bus for a few drinks after the show and they were very gracious....even smoked a fattie with mr. burrows
7/17/95-Craven
11/18/96-Saskatoon
7/21/97-Saskatoon
9/16/00-Winnipeg
11/24/00-Red Deer
07/14/02-Camrose
9/26/02-Edmonton
9/27/02-Edmonton
8/1/03-Kelowna
6/22/04-Edmonton
11/17/04-Edmonton
11/20/04-Saskatoon
10/28/06-Calgary
1/19/07-Regina
7/18/07-Saskatoon
6/22/08-Calgary
8/4/09-Saskatoon
9/14/09-Edmonton
9/19/09-Banff
7/14/11-Edmonton
1/23/13-Edmonton
7/6/13-Saskatoon
10/10/15-Houston
7/28/16-Edmonton
7/30/16-Edmonton
8/01/16-Calgary
Posts: 994
Threads: 33
Joined: Dec 2004
Reputation:
0
not to sound like a prick but i think they were goin downhill anyway, ever since the edges of twilight album
was lucky enough to see them @ edgefest in '96