Posts: 6,734
Threads: 665
Joined: Jun 2002
Reputation:
0
Mac users need not read.
Has anyone else been experiencing pop-ups lately as they visit Hipbase?
I have never had them before - but now my home and work computer get them.
Funny, because I do not get any at other sites.
Just curious.
"We're forced to bed, but we're free to dream"
Dana
Posts: 5,352
Threads: 277
Joined: Jun 2004
Reputation:
0
Ive never had a pop-up on the Hipbase. I have pop-ups allowed just for pm notices, but thats it.
Imagine a world before the "beginning was the word.”
Posts: 3,175
Threads: 692
Joined: Jun 2002
Reputation:
0
That is funny, Lynette asked me the same thing? Shouldn't be any pop-up's at all, just private messages in the forum? I am going to check Lynette's computer for spyware.
I need 2 Kingston Tickets, please help.
Posts: 3,175
Threads: 692
Joined: Jun 2002
Reputation:
0
No Spyware, must be a exit pop-up.
I need 2 Kingston Tickets, please help.
Posts: 6,734
Threads: 665
Joined: Jun 2002
Reputation:
0
I ran a spyware and virus check on both computers and came up with nothing.
"We're forced to bed, but we're free to dream"
Dana
Posts: 296
Threads: 3
Joined: Sep 2004
Reputation:
0
yeah im getting pop ups now too :/
Posts: 8,614
Threads: 451
Joined: Sep 2002
Reputation:
0
As far as I know, hipbase.com and hipfans.com are hosted with the same provider; are you getting pop-ups at hipfans.com?
Just trying to eliminate sources...
Posts: 3,175
Threads: 692
Joined: Jun 2002
Reputation:
0
Ok, I just got the popup. I will look into this more.
I need 2 Kingston Tickets, please help.
Posts: 3,175
Threads: 692
Joined: Jun 2002
Reputation:
0
I found the problem, it was the counter on the bottom left of the page. IT was calling external javascript commands. One of them was <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://a.as-eu.falkag.net/dat/dlv/aslmain.js">http://a.as-eu.falkag.net/dat/dlv/aslmain.js</a><!-- m -->. That was calling popups. If anyone still has this problem shoot me a PM.
I need 2 Kingston Tickets, please help.