Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

Bang on? new Stones
#1

I notice that the new Stones CD is getting rave reviews. Rolling Stone (never the most trustworthy) gave it 4 1/2 stars, for God's sake. Anyone here heard the thing? The question is: is this a major Rolling Stones album, period; or is it merely a worthy effort 'compared to the other crap they've done in the last 20 years' or 'a good CD for tired old farts?' If the former, I'll definitely buy it.
Reply
#2

http://www.rollingstones.com/abiggerbang/player.html

Give it a listen and see what you think. I think it sounds pretty good, nice and sleazy like thier old stuff. Not quite as good, but better than anything they've done in the last 20 years.
Reply
#3

I just got it. I think "Streets Of Love" is fabulous. I also think the two Keef songs are fantastic. Personally, I think it is a very good listen. "Rough Justice" is also a great start. It's not a classic by any means but it has enough good songs on it to make it worth buying.
Reply
#4

Hmmm. Well, is it better than 'Voodoo Lounge,' which was also enthusiastically received back in the day?
Reply
#5

I haven't heard all of "Vodoo Lounge". All I can say is that it sounds pretty good to me.

Did you listen to any of it on the Stones website? You can hear the entire album at this link. Bulletriddled also provided a link. <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.rollingstones.com/abiggerbang/#">http://www.rollingstones.com/abiggerbang/#</a><!-- m -->
Reply
#6

I think its great. I picked it up the other day and it sounds fantastic!
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)