Posts: 8,614
Threads: 451
Joined: Sep 2002
Reputation:
0
They were the Free Download of the Week on the iTunes store last week... Twin Cinema was the track.
Posts: 160
Threads: 6
Joined: Sep 2002
Reputation:
0
This need a bump. The new album has been kicking my ass since I got it. Hands down album of the year so far! :thumb:
Posts: 605
Threads: 26
Joined: Jun 2004
Reputation:
0
Another bump! Bought this album yesterday and its incredible. Use it is probably the best song of 05, and the rest of the album doesnt lag far behind.
Posts: 160
Threads: 6
Joined: Sep 2002
Reputation:
0
I'm still listening to this band all the time. I saw them in Montreal last October and they were great live, I was lucky as it was the first (and probably last) time the entire band had toured together. Will be seeing them open for Belle and Sebastian next month, I can't wait!
Posts: 3,777
Threads: 62
Joined: May 2004
Reputation:
0
I just can't get into The New Pornographers. Maybe in due time I'll get them. I mean, they sound good and all, I just can't be taken away by their music or anything.... although "The Bleeding Heart Show" is a tremendous song. I'll have to listen to them more frequently and maybe I'll get them.
Posts: 643
Threads: 37
Joined: Jul 2004
Reputation:
0
Going down to see them in Regina on the 19th. Who is missing from the band on this tour?
Posts: 160
Threads: 6
Joined: Sep 2002
Reputation:
0
Neko Case and Dan Bejar are busy with their own stuff right now. They have Kathryn Calder to handle Niko's vocals and I think Kurt Dahle might sign Dan's songs.
Posts: 605
Threads: 26
Joined: Jun 2004
Reputation:
0
A.C. Newman's disc is a similar sound to the NP's, but lacks the same motor behind it. Musically interesting, but more laid back. I don't like it as much, but it has a few awesome tunes on there like "Miracle Drug", "Drink To Me Babe, Then" and "On The Table". I'd say download those songs (if you believe in that sort of thing) and then buy the album if you're sold.
As I said, I don't like it as much as the NP stuff, but clearly, by reviews, some like it more.
Posts: 3,777
Threads: 62
Joined: May 2004
Reputation:
0
Ok, thanks for the review. :thumb:
Posts: 643
Threads: 37
Joined: Jul 2004
Reputation:
0
If you go to scenestars.net and type Neko Case in the search you can hear 3 songs off her new album. Star Witness made me wet my pants.
Posts: 2,255
Threads: 36
Joined: Sep 2002
Reputation:
0
finally picked up this album today, oh man is it good, definitely great a few rotations in my car for the next while