Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

Hip Survey!!!
#1

I'm not sure whether this will fly or not, but I'm bored, so let's give it a go.

In real life, I'm a freelance writer. One of the places I write for is a typical left-wing tabloid with young go-getters on the cover and sex ads in the back. Anyway, I've written three "Best of the City" surveys for that particular publication - surveys that ask readers for the best restaurant or the worst politician or whatever - and I thought it might be fun to do a "Best of the Hip."

It's pretty simple: I've come up with a bunch of questions. I'd like you to email your answers to me. When enough hipbasers have tried (200 would be a nice sample), I'll publish the results, which are sure to be informative and entertaining. If I don't get many replies, I'll just forget about it.

Anyone interested?

If so, e-mail your answers to <!-- e --><a href="mailto:hipsurvey@hotmail.com">hipsurvey@hotmail.com</a><!-- e --> (Don't write your answers below. That would be way too much.)

No need to provide any personal info, since I don't have any prizes. It's just for fun. And, believe me, you don't want anything I own.

Enjoy!!!

The BEST OF HIP

1) Best song
2) Best album
3) Best album cover
4) Best concert (date and place, please)
5) Best unreleased song
6) Best cover performed by the Hip
7) Best Gord rant
8) Best dressed band member
9) Best looking band member
10) Best lyrics – entire song
11) Best lyric – specific line
12) Underrated album
13) Underrated song
14) Best thing about the Hip
15) Best album name
16) Best song title
17) Best produced album
18 At a concert, best Hip song to . . .
a) make out to:
b) mosh to:
c) hold up your lighter to:
d) take a bathroom break to:
19) Song that improves the most live:
20) Song that sounds better on disc than in concert:
21) Best Tragically Hip website:
22) Best opening band/performer for the Hip:
23) Best song to open a concert:
24) Best song to close a concert:

THE WORST (Or, if that's too harsh for you, your 'least favourites')
(Note: Please exclude the EP)

25) Worst thing about the Hip
26) Overrated album
27) Overrated song
28 Worst song
29) Worst album
30) Worst album cover
31) Worst lyric – entire song
32) Worst lyric – specific line
33) Worst album title
34) Worst song title
35) Worst produced album


Album by Album

36) The Tragically Hip
a) Best song
b) Worst song
c) Best lyric (specific line)
d) Worst lyric (specific line)
e) Overrated song
f) Underrated song

37) Up to Here
Best song
Worst song
Best lyric (specific line)
Worst lyric (specific line)
Overrated song
Underrated song

38 Road Apples
Best song
Worst song
Best lyric (specific line)
Worst lyric (specific line)
Overrated song
Underrated song

39) Fully Completely:
Best song:
Worst song:
Best lyric (specific line):
Worst lyric (specific line):
Overrated song:
Underrated song:

40) Day for Night:
Best song:
Worst song:
Best lyric (specific line):
Worst lyric (specific line):
Overrated song:
Underrated song:

41) Trouble at the Henhouse:
Best song:
Worst song:
Best lyric (specific line):
Worst lyric (specific line):
Overrated song:
Underrated song:

42) Phantom Power:
Best song:
Worst song:
Best lyric (specific line):
Worst lyric (specific line):
Overrated song:
Underrated song:

43) Music@Work:
Best song:
Worst song:
Best lyric (specific line):
Worst lyric (specific line):
Overrated song:
Underrated song:

44) In Violet Light:
Best song:
Worst song:
Best lyric (specific line):
Worst lyric (specific line):
Overrated song:
Underrated song:

45) In Between Evolution:
Best song:
Worst song:
Best lyric (specific line):
Worst lyric (specific line):
Overrated song:
Underrated song:

Thanks!!!! I look forward to counting.

Cheers,
John
Reply
#2

Hey John,

Great idea, and I'll take some time and get you my picks... but it may be much easier, and save you a significant amount of time to use one of the many free, online survey webistes. You create the questions, just as you did above, and then direct everyone to that site. It collects the answers, and tabulates the results.
Reply
#3

Cool. For example?
Reply
#4

Problem Bear Wrote:Cool. For example?
Results from google

Do you have a website you can host it on? If so, check with your provider as many of them provide free tools. If not, I can host it on hipfans.com using <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://phpsurveyor.sourceforge.net/">http://phpsurveyor.sourceforge.net/</a><!-- m -->
Reply
#5

I'm a bit of knob when it comes to computers (though I do in fact know how to use Google; I'd just wondered if you had a site in mind). As near as I can see, these sites only work for 20 or 25 respondents and then you have to pay.

So let's try it the old fashioned way. I'll count manually.

Operators are standing by.

Cheers,
John
Reply
#6

Problem Bear Wrote:I'm a bit of knob when it comes to computers (though I do in fact know how to use Google; I'd just wondered if you had a site in mind). As near as I can see, these sites only work for 20 or 25 respondents and then you have to pay.

So let's try it the old fashioned way. I'll count manually.

Operators are standing by.

Cheers,
John
Hey John... I wasn't trying to slag your computer or googling skills... just pointing out that there are loads of 'em out there.

The one that I mentioned using that I could host on hipfans.com appears to be limitless... but since operators are standing by, I'll get to work on my list and send it your way.
Reply
#7

No offense taken! (If you were trying to denigrate my skills, you'd merely be correct.)

Hopefully we'll get some replies. The answer to a lot of these questions would be obvious, I think, if you asked the general public. But I want to know what the people who care enough to surf here think.

Cheers,
John
Reply
#8

I filled out the survey and emailed it to you. Took around 15 minutes for anyone who is considering doing it. Hope I helped.

Jeff

June 21, 2003 Toronto, ON: SkyDome
July 1, 2004 Toronto, ON: Molson Amphitheatre
November 26, 2004 Toronto, ON: Air Canada Centre
June 24, 2006 Toronto, ON: Historic Fort York
May 10, 2007 Indianapolis, IN: The Vogue
July 14, 2011 Edmonton, AB: Northlands Festival Site
June 30, 2012 Niagara-on-the-Lake, ON: The Commons at Butler's Barracks
January 23, 2013 Edmonton, AB: Rexall Place
July 28, 2016 Edmonton, AB: Rexall Place
Reply
#9

I also have just sent a response. I enjoyed thinking about and writing out my answers... hope you enjoy reading them!
Reply
#10

Okay. Let me try this again. The first time around I received a grand total of five surveys.

But this time I have a prize!

I won one of The Hip toques from the Almost Home contest, and just made my donation. So if I get enough surveys to post results, I'll give my toque away to a lucky winner.

So that's <!-- e --><a href="mailto:hipsurvey@hotmail.com">hipsurvey@hotmail.com</a><!-- e --> Just cut and paste the questions above into your email and write the answers after each question.

Unfortunately for the five people that already sent in surveys, hotmail erased them recently because I stopped accessing the account. Sorry. :oops: Please send them again, though, if you feel so inclined.

Cheers,
John
Reply
#11

Sent off my e-mail, did you get it?

2004-12-03 - Saint John/2005-09-03 - Moncton/2006-06-30 - Charlottetown/2006-11-09/10 - Montreal/2007-09-11 - Fredericton/2007-09-13 - Halifax/2007-09-14 - Sydney/2007-09-15 - Charlottetown/2008-06-30 - Charlottetown/2009-05-01/02 - Montreal/2011-06-28 - Moncton/2011-06-30 - Charlottetown/2012-06-30 - Niagara-on-the-Lake/2013-02-01 - Moncton/2013-02-02 - Halifax/2015-01-10 - Toronto/2015-02-20 - Montreal/2015-07-17 - Ottawa/2016-08-18 - Ottawa/2016-08-20 - Kingston
Reply
#12

Yep. You're number 5 so far.

Cheers,
John
Reply
#13

I sent one as well.

Imagine a world before the "beginning was the word.”
Reply
#14

sent mine in yesterday... forgot to post :oops:
Doc
Reply
#15

What's all this about Hip Scurvy? The boys not getting enough veg, or what?

ct
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)