Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

Need Some Help
#1

Lynette and I are trying to buy a condo. The condo is not officially for sale, the people in the condo are moving to a old folks home soon. We have been dealing with the people's daughter. We are not sure how to proceed? We are trying to agree on a price, but now they want a "official offer?" I guess that means a lawyer. Does anyone have experience in this try of private sale?

Thanks for the help.

I need 2 Kingston Tickets, please help.
Reply
#2

anyone?

I need 2 Kingston Tickets, please help.
Reply
#3

I'm currently buying a condo, but it is through the traditional method with a sales agent.

Real estate agents are licensed, and have a code of conduct that they must follow... so I'd say go and talk to one about the situation. Sellers pay their commission, not the buyer, so inquiring won't cost you anything.

And with regards to a lawyer, get a real estate lawyer no matter what. You don't want to make a mistake on paper work to come back and cost you BIG bucks once you get into the place. As well, the lawyer takes care of a lot of things that I had no idea about, and provides a level of security when it gets down to transferring the money through escrow.
Reply
#4

we bought a house recently without a realitor went with a lawyer, choose one you like or someone recomends they do all the leg work you just have to sign and pay


later
ron
Reply
#5

chris Wrote:I'm currently buying a condo, but it is through the traditional method with a sales agent.

Real estate agents are licensed, and have a code of conduct that they must follow... so I'd say go and talk to one about the situation. Sellers pay their commission, not the buyer, so inquiring won't cost you anything.

And with regards to a lawyer, get a real estate lawyer no matter what. You don't want to make a mistake on paper work to come back and cost you BIG bucks once you get into the place. As well, the lawyer takes care of a lot of things that I had no idea about, and provides a level of security when it gets down to transferring the money through escrow.

Go get a lawyer. They will take care of everything for you.
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)