Posts: 3,827
Threads: 363
Joined: Oct 2002
Reputation:
0
side 3 of The Wall is breathtaking in its brilliance...Hey you, is there anybody out there, nobody home, vera, bring the boys back home, and comfortably numb...wow
Posts: 363
Threads: 12
Joined: Jun 2003
Reputation:
0
how 'bout Side 2 of "Abbey Road"?
helluva finish for a band.
Posts: 363
Threads: 12
Joined: Jun 2003
Reputation:
0
Well lookee here...
another review!
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.hipbase.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6584&highlight=abbey">http://www.hipbase.com/forum/viewtopic. ... ight=abbey</a><!-- m -->
Posts: 1,242
Threads: 56
Joined: Nov 2002
Reputation:
0
The thing is, where do you start with the Beatles? Sgt. Peppers...that's nothing but sheer beauty. White Album, Rubber Soul, Revolver, Help...all masterfully crafted and brilliant in their own respects. Pretty damn amazing for only 8 years of recording.
Posts: 1,242
Threads: 56
Joined: Nov 2002
Reputation:
0
I don't know about sides, because I have never heard either of these on vinyl, but I have always had a sweet spot for Supertramp, Crime Of The Century, and even more so for Breakfast In America. I had a babysitter who used to be a huge Supertramp fan in the 70's, and she used to play both of these albums when she would come over...I think that must be where my love for them developed. I bought both quite a while ago on CD and every so often I will pop one of them in my player and turn it up really loud(if possible). If you own either, dust them off and listen to either from start to finish...such a treat!
Posts: 690
Threads: 16
Joined: Aug 2003
Reputation:
0
Rush...Caress of Steel sideII. Come to think of it, Rush 2112 side I is pretty freakin' awesome as well.
S.
1995-04-07 Toledo | 1996-06-29 Toledo | 1996-11-23 Detroit | 1998-08-22 Toledo | 1999-02-12 Auburn Hills |
1999-05-05 Grand Rapids | 1999-07-31 Clarkston | 1999-12-31 Toronto | 2000-01-01 Toronto |
2000-06-14 Pontiac | 2000-07-15 Clarkston | 2000-12-02 Detroit | 2002-08-31 Clarkston |
2004-09-18 Detroit | 2007-04-12 Detroit | 2009-05-29 Detroit | 2012-11-28 Detroit | 2016-08-08 London | 2016-08-16 Hamilton
Posts: 463
Threads: 62
Joined: Sep 2002
Reputation:
0
How about side 1, Zeppelin IV??? or side 1, Physical Graffitti? (or like they say in Fast Times at Ridgemount High, Zeppelin VI)
Posts: 1,079
Threads: 101
Joined: Apr 2004
Reputation:
0
houses of the holy-side 1
Posts: 363
Threads: 12
Joined: Jun 2003
Reputation:
0
Either side of the Police's Synchronicity.
Side 1 is more interesting; Side 2's got the hits.
This brings up the question of "What album side marks the end of the "sides" era, i.e. before CDs ultimately reshaped the album listening experience?"
?
I'm thinking Side 1 of the Joshua Tree might be a good candidate for the "Swan Side" of the vinyl era, but I had it on CD or tape and wasn't sold on the U2 hype of the day (i.e. I didn't have to have the record) . Nevertheless, it's hard to top as a string of five 4+minute songs back-to-back at the front or the finish of an album (my working definition for a "side").
Posts: 1,143
Threads: 27
Joined: Jul 2004
Reputation:
0
I think the last tape I bought was The Hips EP.
Posts: 4,352
Threads: 136
Joined: Jul 2004
Reputation:
0
WESTSIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIDE!