Posts: 256
Threads: 27
Joined: Dec 2002
Reputation:
0
I got to give props to the Edge 102.1 in Toronto, I'm really impressed how they get great bands to come in and do shows/interviews......right now Oasis is playing a live acoustic set, foo fighters tomorrow playing live.....the hip have played live for them (mod club) I love how they play live concerts on the radio, i believe last year they had the cure show live from the amphitheatre. I know radio can suck but these guys do a good job. I think a lot of it has to do with Allan Cross who is the program director who use to DJ there years ago. (he also does On going history of music)
Darnell
Posts: 5,352
Threads: 277
Joined: Jun 2004
Reputation:
0
For sure, I wish we had a station like that in London, our radio stinks! The Edge is cool, and I love listening to Alan Cross's radio show on Sundays.
:thumb:
Imagine a world before the "beginning was the word.”
Posts: 1,515
Threads: 125
Joined: Feb 2004
Reputation:
0
Yeah aside from playing the same 15 songs all day long..the edge is great. I listen to it from the Dean blundell show right up until bookie's college of musical knowledge.
Alan cross is a god.
Posts: 5,352
Threads: 277
Joined: Jun 2004
Reputation:
0
clearlyentranced Wrote:He probably has..
:wink:
Imagine a world before the "beginning was the word.”
Posts: 8,614
Threads: 451
Joined: Sep 2002
Reputation:
0
He knows about this site... <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.hipbase.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5485">http://www.hipbase.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5485</a><!-- m -->
Posts: 803
Threads: 36
Joined: Jun 2004
Reputation:
0
Who hosted the Hip's show at the Mod Club last year? Was that Bookie? I have no idea who the Edge DJ's are (and wasn't at all impressed with whoever it was that hosted the Mod Club show, Bookie or not). Anybody? -- Steve
Posts: 1,515
Threads: 125
Joined: Feb 2004
Reputation:
0
Yeah that was Bookie, I'm not his biggest fan either.
Posts: 1,143
Threads: 27
Joined: Jul 2004
Reputation:
0
I can't stand Dean Blundell, that hole crew is a bunch of idiots. I'll stick to Q107 for the morning show.
Posts: 346
Threads: 18
Joined: Jun 2004
Reputation:
0
Alan Cross isn't the program director. I believe it's still Neale Mann.
Posts: 1,515
Threads: 125
Joined: Feb 2004
Reputation:
0
Alan cross IS indeed the program director..
Posts: 346
Threads: 18
Joined: Jun 2004
Reputation:
0
Yer right! I thought he was still at Y108...my bad.