Posts: 492
Threads: 14
Joined: May 2004
Reputation:
0
Summer vacation time is almost here, and I thought it might be interesting to see where everyone here is going.
Me and two friends are doing a road trip to Las Vegas July 17th-24th. We're probably staying at the Circus Circus hotel so we can be within crawling distance of the hotel in case we party too hard somewhere along the strip. I'm trying to convince them that we should see one of the big Las Vegas shows like Elton John or the Blue Man group, but I think I'm fighting a losing battle there - they would much rather go to the strippers every night. Either way, it's going to be a hell of a trip, and we're bringing a video camera because I have a habit of getting into big trouble and dangerous situations on vacations (I swear I'll eventually get around to posting the story of me fighting a pimp in Paris that I've been promising you guys for the last year).
Anyone else going anywhere interesting?
Posts: 605
Threads: 26
Joined: Jun 2004
Reputation:
0
Me, my brother and friends are going to Chicago to see the Jays play the Cubs at Wrigley from June 5-9. As a baseball enthusiast, I'm quite excited to see Wrigley, and as an urban setting enhusiast, I'm quite excited to see Chicago.
It also extends my streak of seeing the Jays play interleague teams on the road (last year I went to San Fran to see a few games, and boy, what a gem of a ballpark they have in SF).
Posts: 1,933
Threads: 100
Joined: Oct 2002
Reputation:
0
July 7- 10 Montreal. Chancellor, the girls, some friends and I. It's going to rock.
Posts: 5,352
Threads: 277
Joined: Jun 2004
Reputation:
0
I have a good friend who lives in Owen Sound, and every summer we and a bunch of friends stay at his uncle's sweet cottage in Sauble Beach and party like its 1999! I love that beach. That and me and my wife go on a camping trip every summer, we try to go somewhere different each year, not sure where we are going this year yet...SUMMER RULES!! 8)
Imagine a world before the "beginning was the word.”
Posts: 674
Threads: 114
Joined: Jul 2004
Reputation:
0
Word. Going home to Chicago after my students take their final on tuesday. Then camping in Wisconsin and the yoop after.
Posts: 557
Threads: 22
Joined: Jul 2002
Reputation:
0
off to europe
start in amsterdam ---> denmark ---> sweden ---> norway ---> sweden ---> home
Posts: 969
Threads: 16
Joined: Apr 2003
Reputation:
0
Visiting our neck of the woods eh? Nice. If you need any help with anything, just let me know.
I'll be visiting Canada this summer, can't wait. 80 days left till take-off... :jump
Posts: 674
Threads: 114
Joined: Jul 2004
Reputation:
0
Ah! Sweden is kickass! I have family in stockholm, gotenburg and a little town on the baltic called Karlskrona where my grandpa was from. It rocks. You'll have a great time. Drinks are a bit pricey. Skol!!
Posts: 3,175
Threads: 692
Joined: Jun 2002
Reputation:
0
Calgary Stampede for a few days
Few days in Ottawa in late June
U2 in Minneapolis in September
I need 2 Kingston Tickets, please help.
I'm pretty sure I'll be working my butt off all summer at Great Escape. I also plan on spending plenty of time down there because my ID is a free pass, so the first day I get off work and the park is still open, I'm riding the comet till I puke.
:lol:
If anyone is interested in coming to the park, just give me a holler on PMs.
Posts: 674
Threads: 114
Joined: Jul 2004
Reputation:
0
Well,
You must stop at Helstrom's bakery in Karlskrona. My cousin Lars owns it. Tell him and his daughter Pernilla that Mick said "Hej".
Mick