Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

Corrosion Of Conformity-In The Arms Of God
#1

TOP CANDIDATE FOR ALBUM OF THE YEAR 2005 SO FAR! HOLY SWEET MOTHER OF PEARL JAM, THIS IS ONE HELLUVA RECORD! EVERYBODY CHECK IT OUT!

i suppose i might be a bit biased because i <3 the COC (:mrgreenSmile, but the reason I love them is because they never fail to deliver the goods, this album is a huge metal boot in the ass for today's sad state of musical affairs, best metal album since Down II, easily.
Reply
#2

I think that "Blind" and "Deliverence" were criminally overlooked albums. The drumming on "Mine Are The Eyes Of God" deserve some sort of an award.
I'm gonna get this album, for sure. I've heard many good things.
Reply
#3

it's sounds like they've gone back to their roots on this one, really buckled down, and got back to the basics, much heavier than Volume dealer, and more epics, with 4 songs clocking in at over 6 minutes, one of them over 8, the shortest song being 2:40.
Reply
#4

ITAOG is a kick ass CD. I have been listening to it non-stop since last week. Definitely the best album I've heard from 2005 (probably one of the best of the last few years.)

I saw COC at the Embassy in London on Sunday night and they tore that place up! Pepper looked completely wasted when he stepped on stage, but he sounded great and the band was very tight musically. I've been wanting to see them headline a show since the teaser of an opening set when they toured with Metallica in '97. I'm hoping that they will come back to London (like Pepper said they would) when they do their tour with Crowbar.
Reply
#5

man, that'd be a sweet show to see, i wonder if they'll do any Down songs!
Reply
#6

I kinda doubt that they will do any Down songs. They would be hard to pull off without Phil.

I got to see Down play at the Opera House a couple years ago, and even though they were great live... I think COC was better on Sunday night.
Reply
#7

i think Pepper coulld handle Stone The Crow.
Reply
#8

The Darkest Canuck Wrote:i think Pepper coulld handle Stone The Crow.

Now that you mention it, I think Stone The Crow would sound awesome with Pepper singing it.

Here is the setlist from Sunday night:

Paranoid Opioid
King of the Rotten
Vote With a Bullet
Stonebreaker
My Grain
Infinite War
Fuel
Albatross
Senor Limpio
Wiseblood
Who's Got the Fire
Seven Days
In the Arms of God
Clean My Wounds

The new songs sounded great and really, really heavy live (especially Stonebreaker and In The Arms of God).
Reply
#9

that's odd, i thought for sure that Congratulations Song would be a staple in their sets...i bet Vote With A Bullet must've kicked ass live though, easily my favourite COC tune.
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)